This is what i have just built.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

This is what i have just spent the last couple of years building.

I was the number one on site and I am attending the opening ceremony for the big boys on Friday.

It has been the best and worst job I have ever done all at the same time.

There is a video at the bottom of the page where you get a fly through.

http://www.basingstokegazette.co.uk/news/11437797.VIDEO__Website_launch_for_Bombay_Sapphire_gin_distillery_in_Laverstoke/

• Like 1

We only found one company in the world who would build the glasshouses and what could be done with glass was pushed to the limits. The botanicals that are in them were grown at Kew Gardens and Jodie Shekter, the ex racing driver is opening a restaurant in one of the buildings. At the start we had to get all the fish out of the river and divert the river as it is a SSSI site and is one of the worlds most expensive rivers to fish in. All the buildings for over 300 years printed the paper for all the British empire banknotes. Full TV series due out soon and going to finish a load of filming on Friday. I will soon be on the telly and I will be a bona fidy fanny magnet.

We got all the fish out with electro fishing. There were over 400 fish in our stretch of water. We have built fish ladders and elver passes to allow then to get up and down the river and flow rates and edits and currents were all calculated to provide the best new home for the fish. They have been well looked after.

It has been really hard work. It is also the only building project of this nature to win a BREEAM outstanding award and I also won Considerate Constructor award which is issued to around 100 out if around 7000 sites a year for been considerate to people and the environment. It's worth having a google and a read if you like history etc.