Wscc Cotswolds Forest Of Dean Tour

Aerodynamix Ltd

On Saturday the 6th September I helped organise a 60 mile run round the Forest of Dean and into Monmouthshire , stopping for a barbeque at Aerodynamix . It was well supported and we had 8 Westfields , a Dax Rush and Tony in his Stuart Taylor , not forgetting Mark following up with his  240bhp Mini . 

After lunch we managed a further 2 mile run around the Forest finishing back at the starting point The Nags Head at Longhope . 

Thanks to Tony for supplying us with hot drinks and toilet facilities at the start and thanks to local members who contributed £53.00 towards my designated Charity Bream Early Learners ( reg no : 1062902 )

I managed a couple of photo's at the start but events overtook me and I didn't manage any more !

sabeltwheel005_zpsda4126c1.jpg

sabeltwheel004_zpsefaf19a4.jpg

I have considered possibly running another one as we now have two trips around the Forest mapped and perhaps open it to a wider audience if of interest . 

It was a great day and thanks for organizing it. Really enjoyed the turn-by-turn directions for fellow navigators. No idea where we were going just following the given directions - was interesting seeing the route my phone mapped out afterwards.

Here is a (vastly cut down) quick edit of my GoPro from the day. About 3-4hrs cut down to 12 mins of general highlights. I sadly couldn't find the part of the video when skimming through of the cyclist that went by and saluted everyone.

And photos (the few I took) are here... 

IMG_6586.JPG?dl=0

IMG_6589.JPG?dl=0IMG_6590.JPG?dl=0IMG_6591.JPG?dl=0IMG_6592.JPG?dl=0

IMG_6593.JPG?dl=0IMG_6594.JPG?dl=0

IMG_6595.JPG?dl=0IMG_6596.JPG?dl=0

IMG_6598.JPG?dl=0

It was a fab day. Big thanks to Julian for planning the route and the route notes. Also a big thanks for laying on lunch and for cooking the BBQ, a small donation to you local charity was the least we could do.

Nice video Richard and some great photos. Nice to see my Zero got in a few of them :)

If you run it again Julian, I shall be there :)

Please everyone enjoyed it that went.   

The next one will probably be next year now, but keep an eye out on our new Facebook page for more organised runs, photos and general banter

• Like 1