Coming out of the closet... SCD...

John K

Well I'm struggling to understand this.

Helps if you catch some of the radio programs she's done, or the arts stuff.

:popcorn:

For a girlies type of programme this has sparked a bit of interest, really had the grenade thrown in the room there. I was outnumbered last night so was forced to sit and watch - honest. Comments from the OH, relating to eye candy & some rugby player ? etc ignored as I didn't fancy the guy at all. Then the professional lady dancers strut there stuff and it caught my attention somewhat. Appreciate a well formed structure, easy on the eye etc etc. Will need to monitor the show in case  a certain DJ becomes another BBC icon as he could bat for both sides and would look good in sequins. I had to smirk a little at the allocation of some of the dancers to celebs, fancy being stuck with some of the deadwood "D-Z" listers or indeed who !!!. The faces where commendable not showing signs of disappointment. I guess its light hearted entertainment and surprising when you drop in a one liner in work at lunchtime and a good proportion of the blokes watched it,. probably under great duress, as myself. I think CW has a certain style of wit, quite dry and not daft, lets face it she's dragging in some serious cash for doing what she does.

Back to my knitting and popcorn.

Bob :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I have watched it and I do get dragged to go ballroom dancing myself. The routines are too showy with not enough technique and as with all things TV it is a popularity contest as the best dancers have never won. It is also stupid to try to compare someone like the woman from Dragons den with Abbey Clancy in a contest. 

Like this year Pixie Lott, well how hot can you get, against the guy from masterchef? Apart from the money and exposure why would you do it.

OK, I'm slightly worried now...

When I came out on SCD I was expecting at best a stunned silence from you lot or at worst an immediate ban and to have the Westie taken away because I was "too much of a big girls blouse" to have one.

The number of posts now kind of suggests we will be having a blat to Blackpool when that episode comes round for filming...

I advise we all go the our garages and check our plug gaps so we feel all manly again...

Pixie a lot please

And the lass from Saturdays on every day of the week! :p

Pixie a lot please

And the lass from Saturdays on every day of the week! :p

I am a weak human male so I agree to both...

Last series I was a bit 'meh' over Rachel Riley until they stuck hair extensions in for one routine so she had long hair not a bob and I nearly died.

I was in Blackpool a couple of weekends ago, wife insisted we had tour up the Tower and a cuppa in the  ballroom so she could take in the ambience a bit.   It is an impressive venue when you first see the ballroom, just like your first time at the Royal Albert Hall that also has the wow factor.

In all the years I've lived in the North West and all the times I've visited Blackpool, I've never actually visited the tower!

In all the years I've lived in the North West and all the times I've visited Blackpool, I've never actually visited the tower!

The Tower is just another tower, apparently on a clear day you can see the Eiffel Tower :d  as they say, so you're not missing much. Watching the dancers in the ballroom doing the Teadance is much better, must be the soppy Old Codger coming out of me.

The tower ballroom is beautiful. It is from an era where pride in the design and building was not measured in £££s it was measured in the pleasure it gave.

I have danced there, badly, but it is special especially when the Wurlitzer comes up out of the floor with the organist playing.

When we were there some of the dancers were practising for competitions with appropriate skimpy clothing!! Also quite funny to watch the aging lotharioes working their way around the floor looking for the racy widows.

I don't think there is anything nicer than having afternoon tea, silver service whilst watching people doing what they are brilliant at.