Stupid O2...!

Captain Colonial

Been trying to increase the number of rings on my O2 network mobile before it goes to voicemail, from the default of 4 rings to whatever the maximum can be.  It's been aggravating to reach into my pocket as fast as I could to grab the phone, only for it to go to voicemail just as I press the answer button. :bangshead:

Was it in the voicemail settings index? Nooooooo.  Was it in the phone settings? Nooooooo.  Was it in, horror of horrors, the manual? Nooooooo.

So I call O2 and surprise, surprise, they don't know how to change it either! :rolleyes:

Finally hit Google and found it in 30 seconds.  So if you're on O2 and want to extend the numbers of rings before your voicemail picks up from 4 rings to the maximum of 30 seconds, pay attention...

You have to type in the following on the dialling keypad:

**61*901*11*30# and then press "send".

Yeah I know, how dense am I that I didn't know that one off the top of my head? :durr:

Had to do the same thing on 3 mobile, it was driving me bonkers too......

Funny thing was it shortened drastically after I got a new phone number/contract/phone.

I then told my friends/family and ended up doing the same for about 10 people.

I believe the reason the default is so short, is because on certain tariffs they charge for you to retrieve your voice mail.

I believe the reason the default is so short, is because on certain tariffs they charge for you to retrieve your voice mail.

Aaaaah...hadn't considered that! :t-up: