A proper horn

John K

I wanted to fit one of these years ago, but there wasn't really room under the Mondeo bonnet.

Just thought there should be plenty enough room next to the Xflow...

https://m.hornblasters.com

Watch the videos, always good for a laugh watching folk jump out their skins...

That should just about blast any loose rivets into orbit and as a bonus should put a smile on your dentists puss as he counts up the dosh required to re-fix all of your fillings that get dislodged......

Nem.................

149.4db at 3ft and 116.4db at 100ft :o

Yes, yes, yes, but don't those numbers make you want one even more..?

I'm just worried that the reverse thrust from the horn would be greater than the power at the wheels and I would start to slow down...

Looks like a sizeable compressor is needed to run them.

Looks like a sizeable compressor is needed to run them.

You're not kidding, looking at the photos of the kits, it took me a while o twig the scale! Then I spotted the blade fuses and realised how big all the gear is! Even the air receiver it uses isn't far off twenty litres  :o 

Yes, yes, yes, but don't those numbers make you want one even more..?

Absolutely! I don't put much in the back of my 3-Series touring so could carry the compressor no trouble. That would teach those who cut me up!

As to compressor size, that's not unreasonable when they state, "Can be heard from almost 4 Miles away!"

I'm considering devoting the entire boot space to the compressor.

And what's gone wrong with you all..? If I wanted comments suggesting this might not be sensible, I would go post on the Morgan forum...

Funny you should mention that, just been looking at those the other day, as an alternative to the typical separate compressor/air horns set up.

Just got to measure up to see if there's room for it, bolted to the usual spot behind the rad.

Funny you should mention that, just been looking at those the other day, as an alternative to the typical separate compressor/air horns set up.

Just got to measure up to see if there's room for it, bolted to the usual spot behind the rad.

I'm sure it will fit, but my horn currently has 2 wires (I posted about this last week). I guess I'd just have to figure out which (currently present) wires feed into the relay for this horn.

Dave: let me know if you go ahead with this if the wiring was / is easy and whether you're happy with the results...

You'd still get some b******* that claimed they hadn't heard it! Still, given it was for nuclear war it was a little pointless! Duck and cover folks!