Rolling road results

John K

Got the Westie rolling roaded today.

First of all a big recommendation to BTec Racing (also known as Bradleys) in Shipton Under Wychwood.

This is important… a nicer bunch of folk you couldn’t hope to meet. Was filled with coffee and tea and allowed to watch as the work was done.

Carbs were put onto misab plates and balanced before it got roaded.

Best of all, when the Westie was roaded, they looked at the results and said, “For a drivable road car, that is probably as good as you will get. We could fiddle with it, waste your time and money and not get any better results”

Talk about not screwing over a new guy who wouldn’t know any better.

As to the results…

106 bhp (85 at the wheels) @ 5,100 rpm and 114 ft/lbs at 4,400 rpm

And looking at the torque curve it is nice and fat from 3,500 to 5,000 which is pretty much where I like to drive.

It got taken to 6,000 a few times and it sounded nice and smooth and didn’t blow any funny colours.

Quite happy all round for an approx 25 year engine..!

• Like 1

good work -  glad to hear the mighty cross flow is on the button…. :-) 

Yeah they are a good bunch down there. Had my dyno'd and all the geo checked out back in May having had the car for a month and wanted to know the condition of what I'd bought.

Now to increase the power and decrease the weight before I see them again next year.

They were telling me about some bloke with an Aston that just would not grip the rollers.

They put that old RR block in the boot and still somebody had to sit in the back...