Twin engined westie

TAFKARM

I vaguely remember z cars making a westie with 2 bike engines...whatever happened to it?

For a while in the early to mid 2000's twin bike engined Westfields seemed to be all the range. Someone, though not a club member I don't think, was building  one near me. Never did see it, or hear of it being completed.

There was one in the WSCC for a few years though, I forget the guy's name, orange car, full cage.

I remember the Z cars car too, don't recall what became of it though.

One of those evolutionary cul-de-sac's, I suppose.

I think it was Tim something can't remember his name.

Yep Tim Duncan had "just the one"

I'm sure also that the guy who bought my Chevy car also owned it at some point.

• Like 1

I remember going out in it with Chris Allanson at Donnington in the days when the Kit car show there also had the track open for manufacturer demo laps.

I recall him saying the Westfield chassis ended up being quite weak when cut around and modified and he switched to building based on a tiger chassis for a while.

They did sound awesome.

Now Chris has sold all the Zcars business and is doing something with aerials and wind turbines

Would be amazing to do it now with two of the latest one litre engines

Aye, that's the one, Tim's old car. I'd forgotten Jan had it for a while.

Last time I saw the car it was at Pembrey, 2012, its residing somewhere in Wales, and the owner or his brother I think, stuffed it into the tyres.........

What a shame to hear.

David Jones won the WSCC Speed Series many moons ago - he drove a twin engine re pre-lit - possibly the very first twin bike engine development :d :d :d;) ;)

Tiff Needell once broke the Z-Cars twin engine car on Fifth Gear :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::blush: :blush: :blush::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

One of the bigest hassles with them is making sure both engines were in the same gear at the same time  ???  :o  :oops:

I saw this one at a trackday back in 08. Not sure if it actually is a Westfield, but it has a Westy scuttle?

DSCF2093s_zps1b04c10b.jpg

DSCF2177_zps3a930967.jpg

DSCF2178_zpsb9123acd.jpg