Robin williams RIP

blue ass fly

I was very sorry to read this.

RIP

Saw the breaking news last night; how deeply, deeply sad.

Depression is a terrible master, hard to beat too.

One of my favourite shows when growing up and loved everything else he has put his hand to since, a great loss to the entertainment industry.

nano nano Robin but you will never be forgotten :down:

http://youtu.be/sdz4dCMGbbw

We were watching 'Dead Poets' Society' last night on DVD and were saying what a great actor he is/was - so really sad to hear of his death just an hour or so later :down: .

Sad news my wife told me this morning great talent and entertainer

Rip

If you want to remember him at his gentlest best, I can recommend Patch Adams.

Yes it is sickly sweet, but all the better for it in this grim old world.

And most of my initial years of driving were to the soundtrack of Good Morning Vietnam.

@ what Dave wrote. It does seem so many of our best comics have troubles of one sort or another. Richard Prior, Robin, Bill Connolly, John Belushi

Perhaps there is some legs in the old saying "Tears of a clown..."

Or 'what dreams may come'

One of my favourites

It is sad news and just shows that no matter how successful or rich you are depression can grip anyone, to devastating effects.

There is something about the make up of entertainers who seem to have a predilection to this illness. Tony Hancock, Spike Milligan, Stephen Fry, Paul Merton all had issues, even Winston Churchill was a sufferer who described them as "black dog days".

Help is out there but men are more likely to suck it up, feeling less of a man for admitting they had problems and don't ask don't discuss as they feel it is unmanly. If you know anyone who has or is suffering with depression, being normal and not being afraid to ask is a good thing.

There will be many on here who have at times been, or know someone, so low from bereavement for example that life is hard to live but we can all help them get through it by just being there when they need us. Perhaps being a celebrity they feel they have no one who is there they can turn to unless they pay them.

He was a true one off straddling the line between genius and madness his legacy is laughter not the pain he felt.

• Like 2