New owner

DanDud

Hi all,

Thought it was about time I introduce myself and the new toy.

Im Dan, from Liverpool and after 9 good years with a Nissan Pulsar Gtir i was fortunate enough to have a go in AdamR's westie.  1 drive and I was hooked.  So thanks Adam!

The car is going to be a sunny sunday and track day toy, shared between me and my uncle Stu.  We both had Gtir's and sold the pair to invest in a Westie.

The R was fun, was running 330hp but with 4wd just wasnt exiting enough anymore, plus bits were getting hard and expensive to get hold of.

P1060951.jpg

We bought the 09 duratec that Dan was selling.  AKA "The early learning centre" car as we call it :d

IMG_4539_zps9617e606.jpg

IMG_4543_zps1128aef2.jpg

Had to do a few things so far which have been nice spending evenings in the workshop again.

Replace the starter motor.

Tidy up some wiring and pipe runs under the bonnet.

Mount the gearbox properly as bolts were missing and reverse switch was unplugged.

In the process of setting up the geo as it is miles out.

Had the roof poppers re-done as im sure the roof was off another car and they were miles out.

And we are booked in at blink for a map check on thursday as round idle its aweful.

Then over winter we plan to:

Have a complete strip down to re-do every loom in the car, they are all spiral wrapped, so thats getting binned and going to be completely re-done properly.

Get custom hoses made up to eliminate joins and minimise clamps in the cooling system.

Change the yellow and green parts :o so the cars just red and black.

Fit a quaffe LSD in the freelander diff

Then have some fun :d

Some spec that we have found out so far though is pretty good:

New crate duratec, raceline water rail, water pump removed, raceline sump (we think)

Davies craig electric water pump, radtek ali rad

Titan rotating throttle boddies

Emerald K3 ECU

Hi spec front calipers, AP master cylinder

type 9 with quick shift

Titan lightweight fly wheel

Carbon nose cone, dash and entry guard thingys

13" Team dynamics and 888's

One thing i was going to ask peoples advice on:  The angled yellow bars in the engine bay picture, they basically solid mount the front of the engine to the top wishbone mounts, just bars with rose joints either end.  Anyone seen this before and is there a good reason behind it?  I'd understand on a race car, but seems a bit over kill?

Hoping to get to a meet later this month or September and get a trackday in before winter sets in.  Will be good to meet you guys in the North West!

Cheers

Dan

I can't believe you have Craig David's water pump.

I didn't realise he also made water pumps....

Lovely looking car.

Welcome Dan sure AdamR will sort you some directions for a Lanc's meet.

Steve

• Like 1