Transporter Kombi

Cleggy the Spyder Man

Some of you may remember I was thinking of getting rid of the 5 series for a 7 seater of some sorts

Well the latest madcap idea is a VW transporter Kombi - probably the 114bhp bluemotion or maybe the 140bhp option? Would look for a vehicle that has been upgraded to look like a Sportline version

Something like this... http://vans.autotrader.co.uk/used-vans/volkswagen/transporter/2013-volkswagen-transporter-6-seater-combi-van-diesel-scunthorpe-vfpa-8aa416ae47b0b9ec0147b119b8aa118a/bodytype/combi-van/makemodel/make/volkswagen/model/transporter/registrationyear/2013/max

Anyone else run one? got any ideas?

At that price I would get the California Beech as likely to hold value better and doubles as a camper for weekend away track days ;-)

Big thumbs up from me, but once the camper bug gets you, its a slippery slope

From this

F6108629-6DCE-4D70-93B9-78F71DF326CD-153

to this

697DE199-D00F-4236-907A-E73429DE4F18-556

• Like 1

You could go retro Clark, here's a T2 Transporter we've just restored 

39F0E8EB-9626-419B-99CA-BD81DCEA45CA.jpg

09FDC1A2-E4BB-456B-A154-A5DA9E3B622D.jpg

A3C0C128-9134-472C-A65A-D776D1C13CD3.jpg

4E136D55-4F6D-4E10-94E9-DB64CE1F789E.jpg

• Like 1

Every time we meet up with my sister and her wife (they have a T4) we (well just me) come away thinking of selling the tow car and and buying a T5 Sports Line and converting it.  but it hasn't happened yet................... YET!!!

Maybe when Im back doing the Speed Series again, I cant talk the wife round  ;)  :t-up:

But will prob go to a VW Bug show day of something like that and have a good look, you never know someone might be selling one there  ;)

We're definitely going the T5 camper route at some stage.

Told Wendz my only stipulation is having more powerful engine for easier towing.

• Like 1

I run a 2.0 140 (now 185) dsg caddy maxi life,7 seats but I run with only 5, I love it and tows lovely

9F55DEC9-58D8-4651-9E90-3712214CE979_zps

52A69FFB-C577-44B7-B858-94ED747897F4_zps

Like the idea of camper but needs to go through the company as a commercial vehicle

Classics are out for the same reason and it needs to tow the westy - wheezy old flat four won't cut the mustard - I do love the old campers and that one looks mint

So the general consensus is "yes"

I have set the wheels in motion at my local VW dealer to see if anything nearly new crops up but I am in no rush

I know it's a daft question when comparing to the Beamer, but how do they drive - more car like than van ?

We have just had a new ford custom delivered at work and it drives better than many cars I have driven

Managed to get a camper conversion through my books, however being a mountain bike business and doing weekend events away from home just about sways it...

They drive very nicely though, definitely more car than van :-)

I was van spotting on the way up north last night. They'll do everything my discovery does better than my discovery, apart from go through mud. A sensible choice I think.

Don't you need somewhere to stay when away doing shows as well as having a vehicle large enough to transport your stock; I would say an easy one to put thorough the books.

I was van spotting on the way up north last night. They'll do everything my discovery does better than my discovery, apart from go through mud. A sensible choice I think.

VW Do make a 4 wheel drive model.

Buy a Kombi through your business and run it for a year or two, then when the depreciation has been off set on your books, buy it personally from your company and do a camper conversion, win win as I see it  :d

• Like 1