New Member, Whitchurch Shropshire...

CraigHew

Hello,

First day as a WSCC member today, after many many months of researching, planning, saving and scheming, I finally acquired a Westie.

I bought the factory's Mega S2000 (ex) Demonstrator, a car that is probably known to most of you since its been in a couple of Kit car mags and uploaded to Youtube blasting around a track along with appearances at many Westfield show events.

To say I'm delighted is simply an understatement.   I didn't sleep well the night before I picked it up from the factory and couldn't get to sleep last night either for the stupid grin on my face. 

So, I've got 50 miles of ownership under my belt. I've developed an unhealthy association with the weather app on my phone and I want to sleep in my garage...(I guess that's par for the course for a new owner).

Got a few jobs that I need to do right off the bat:

• Send off the documents for the private reg I bought
  • Understand how to program / adjust the DASH2 screen on the car (or at least work out if the 4 buttons are what I assume they are)

• Try and identify then eliminate the irritating rattle from the front end ( i suspect the brake pads are rattling) that I didn't notice during the test drive
  • Check the oil level, as a couple of times I got a red warning light and low level indicator on the dash driving home yesterday, especially when braking into roundabouts.

Looking forward to spending lots of time lurking here on a quest to get the best out of the car and ownership.

Dudley-20140806-00516_zps0c75aae7.jpg

Welcome to the club, funny, I only happened to notice the demo car had been sold yesterday!

There's a comprehensive set of help files for the Race Technology DASH2 on their website, here Though if you want to re-program it, you'll need a copy of it's existing configuration settings file from Westfield. You can download the set up software from Race Technology themselves.

The S2000 engine* can use a bit of oil, it's also quite sensitive to oil level, so you do need to keep a check on it more often than you might on other cars.

It's a cracking car, the Mega S2000, have fun with it!

*S2000 oil consumption appears to vary from car to car, though earlier seem to need top ups more often than later models.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard and enjoy your fantastic car :)

I think most of us still sneak off to the garage to peep under the sheet at every opportunity and the first to offer to pop to the shops for the smallest of things :) my wife thinks its strange how it takes so long to pop to the shops when I go in the Westie ;) ;)

• Like 1

Good morning from another newbie.

You have a stunning looking car. 

• Like 1

welcome to the club 

Don't think the s2000 has a oil level sensor that can be connected to the dash 2. Maybe it's the oil pressure not calibrated on the low warning setting and when it drops down to idle it drops below the min warning 

Be careful with the reprogramming the dash 2 as Dave says if you don't have all the other configuration settings to modify you will end losing everything else on the dash 

• Like 1

Welcome to the club, you've got quite a car there, I think it's well sorted. I have been on a passenger ride in it at Blyton last year, they spent the morning with a professional driver setting it up, and then took people out for a few laps in the afternoon.

May see you about if you attend the Shrops and Mid Wales Club meets. (there's one tonight and the weather looks to be good) 

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies and helpful comments.

Update: DIpped the oil and it's blob on correct (and clear) to the Hi mark.

Took the front wheel off and sure enough the brake pads are rattling around like crazy.

Called the factory and they reassured me that indeed the DASH2 is alarming at something like 1.5 bar which is too high. I've read the manual but might think about it for a while before diving in and messing it up.

The factory also suggested fitting some "pad backing" to reduce or eliminate the noise from the brakes, again reassuring that the wheel isn't about to come off and that's a job I'll do at some point over the winter.

Not sure about a meeting tonight, but well up for the next one.....!

Thanks again for the welcome.

Hello and welcome.

I'm just down the road from you in Telford,

so hope to see you out and about.

Dave

• Like 1

Welcome..!

That looks a proper monster, well done you.

Welcome Craig. You missed a great run last night Email me if you need more info.

We are presently looking for a regular meeting place. Hope to see you next month.

Hi Nic,

Yes sorry we already had something else arranged.

Looking forward to a few runs out if our area does them......?

So long as it's nice and dry, warm and sunny.....