Donington Kit Car Show Sat 30th and Sun 31st August

Garry Bunn - Derby & Notts Joint AO

If you are able to help out please shout up, pm me or mail me or post here.

Help needed at all levels, ie from planning the event down to helping get the cars parked up as they arrive.....the sort of stuff we do at Stoneleigh on a smaller scale  :d

Good call Gary. There must be few of us out there willing to get involved. I've emailed you some stuff that I hope will help.

I can help on the Saturday.

Gary,

I plan to be at Donnington from the Friday pm through to Sunday pm and would be happy to help out as required on each day.

Nigel.

• 2 weeks later...

Anybody else???

Added a plea for helpers to our Cheshire FB page.

Come on folks, Garry can't do it all by himself.  Help out if you can please - ta!

Hi, I'm either coming down on fri PM or sat morning. I'm planning on camping there with the boss. We can help throughout the weekend if need be. I'm new to the shows as I've never done one before. Is there a time that you need to arrive by on Friday?? Don't want to get all that way and can't get in. Do you just camp where the cars are or is there a designated area?? Cheers rich

Just had a email back from the organisers.....

The site is open from lunchtime on Friday. We(the organisers) will be on site until around 8pm, but it will be possible to arrive after that time. Security will take payment for camping etc

The camping area will be separate from the club stand.

Garry

Last year we sold cake and tea for charity..... and it seemed to go very well.....so..... if you know someone who can bake a cake please let me know. Also need a double camping gas stove if anyone can bring one for the weekend.

My daughter has offered to knock up a couple of cakes, I'll bring them with me on saturday.

Hi Garry

Ime coming down Sat morning with troops and camping over till Sunday can help out where required  :t-up:

Marcus

Chairman's plea here - the weather is going to be pretty decent this weekend, so please support the club and come to the show.  Admission if you bring the Westfield is free (for the driver), it's centrally located, and Garry and Co have done a lot of hard work to get ready for our stand there.

The number of kit car shows around the UK has dwindled over the years, so we need to support the ones that still exist.  It's in our own best interest as kit car owners as well - the more of us turn out, the more suppliers will take notice and join, and the show will get bigger and better.  It's good to have Stoneleigh and Donington competing against each other too - we all win in the end.

The club has also just invested in a brand-new 8x4m "easy-up" type marquee with the club logo, which will make its début at Donington - assuming Garry, Gadgetman and I can figure out how to assemble it!  It's never been put up before, so can grown men read a set of instructions?  (No. - Editor)  Dave is right now probably calling me every name under the sun, as it was delivered to him straight from the manufacturer to bring down early Saturday morning in his pickup.  It weighs 120kgs!

Please make an effort and come to the show - here's a link.  See you there! :t-up:

• Like 1