Day out at the beach.

Geoffrey Carter (Buttercup)

Afternoon Everyone.

Took Buttercup to the beach today.

The beach is called Fraisthorpe Beach and the only way to find it is to watch for the fingerboard three miles south of Bridlington on the Hull road.

The beach is very clean and safe and the parking is £2.50 all day.

There is a chip van and clean toilets in the local farmers buildings and these are free with a donation box.

There is a small river the children can paddle in and just a short walk away there are a number of army pill boxes that you can get into.

You get views right across the bay from Flamborough lighthouse right down to spurn point.

It really is a lovely beach if you are in the area.

IMG_8476_zpsc1ff9d19.jpgIMG_8477_zpsb65f20ae.jpg

• Like 1

I went to school at Bridlington in the late 70s/early 80s, the CCF used to run exercises out at Fraisethorpe. Nice to see it's still looking good, I remember sleeping in a bivvy bag on the beach as it snowed. Do they still import dodgy Eastern European cars, Ladas I think, through Carnaby to add alloy wheels and sunroofs or have the Asia imports put pay to that.

Hello.

The Lada car factory went many, many years ago.

Not seen a Lada for may years now. 

Regarding the CCF, did you get taught by Mr Charlton by any chance who used to call all the girl students "sluts"

There used to be a glider as well that they used to sort of fly in an old hanger type shed at the bottom of Bridlington School playing field.

There was also a lady teacher called Mrs Shilliday who did the CCF also I believe.

The piccies looks an absolute dream - our nearest beach is in Norfolk some two plus hours away :(

It's great that you can't pack three kids, the granny, five deckchairs and the sister-in-law's little screaming offspring into a Westfield - just some sunblock and a knotted hanky :d (and some money for those chips !!)

I will second that. Its a great beach.. Totally unspoilt ... Picked a nice day for it too....

Cheers

Greggs...

Yes 'Bopper' Charlton, famous for his non-PC approach, was the Wg Cdr OC the CCF and Sue Shilladay was a French teacher who was part of the RAF Section and eventually became OC many years after I'd left.

No shame about the loss of Ladas, although a lot of people were employed converting them.

There doesn't seem to be many in the sea... :)

Morning.

To the left of the shot it was very busy.

To the right it gets quieter as it leads to Fraisthorpe nudist beach.

Ooooh I did not know that even though we have stayed there many times!!!

One of our favourite destinations for family caravan break. Great walk along the beach to brid.

Well to be honest the nudist beach was closed as there were lets say "naughty things" going on.

People do still go though to take their clothes off.

Quick question - when you're driving your car, do you sing to yourself, "Why do you build me up, Buttercup..."?

A bit further along the coast,

WestfieldModel015_zps5e4d3238.jpg

Filey Brigg a few weeks ago.

I don't know - posting pictures of a Westfield in full sunshine, with views across the Bay of Filey Briggs (not far from Naples I believe?) and not a single upgrade or toolkit in sight.

I think Scott should sensor this thread on the grounds that it may give some of us the wrong idea on what owning a Westie is all about......

(ok, ok, I'm jealous :d :d :d :d :yellow-westy: )

Hello Scott.

To be honest I usually chunter away singing something by Dr Busker.

Do a search for him on Youtube.

RED SPIDER.

I like your car.

That picture is taken less than two miles from my house.

Filey, spent many holidays there as a child then with my own kids. But you can do it in an afternoon now.

Fish and chips on the coble landing, then into the amusements.