Elise S2 or VX220Turbo

Truly Skint

Hi, after 6 years of happy Westfield ownership, it has now gone down South.

I am considering an Elise S2 (Toyota, supercharged 190-BHP) or VX220 Turbo Circa 2004  on both

Does anyone have any knowledge of these two and can offer any opinions ?

Many thanks in advance

Mike 

I can't offer any opinions based on experience

But when you look back at your life will you ever be happy with choosing a Vauxhall over a Lotus?

;)

• Like 1

I test drove an 05 plate 111R (Toyota engine) and didn't like it. Power delivery too peaky, horrible assisted brakes.

Ended up buying a 'bog standard' 120bhp K-Series early S2 instead. Over 100kg lighter, lovely brakes, everything nicely balanced, not fast by any means (especially compared with a Westy - then again neither was the 111R), but plenty for the road. Everything just seemed a much better 'fit' than the Toyota car...

Had an n/a, had a VXT, neither engine suits a sports car.

My mate's 120bhp S1 Elise was the best car of the 3 (apart from the horrible roof).

I owned a 2006 S2 Exige for a couple of years and out of the 26 cars I've owned in my driving career this was undoubtably the best. Very easy to drive fast on the track, amazing fuel economy, reliable, looked great and sounded even better! A 190bhp N/A ca can be had for late teens now so might be worth a look.