Potential new owner - Doncaster

WESTINI001

Hi everyone, quick background on me joining here.. Have been looking at kit cars for past 6 months, looked at caterham, tiger, mk and Westfield, haven't purchased anything yet as I'm having a garage built which completes in 6 weeks time. Still undecided against manufacturer, leaning more towards Westfield, hence joining here, and also attending the Westfield drift day at donnington earlier today, with the other half (Bini), as she also will be using and driving.. So wanted her to physically sit in one and drive to see her expression.. Good news, she loved it.. So green light for when garage is finalised.

I'm Paul, I have driven loads of cars in the past 20 years, but never a kit car.. So before I get too old to climb in and out I thought I'd better crack on and buy one.

Budget wise, have planned to spend no more than 10k but can do more if its worth it, want zetec engine, full cage, aero and windscreen options, digital dash would be nice, its pretty much for track days and road if the weather is good. Basically another toy, as they tend to be..

So, that's me, I work from home as an IT consultant, so will frequent the forum regularly, reading up, asking questions, keeping an eye out for what's selling, and generally getting to know everyone.

Soon as I get on, if it does indeed turn out to be westfield, which is 80% certain, I'll gladly pay the annual membership. I'm a member of other forums with the 5 other cars between us, so don't mind contributing to the upkeep of a club.

Speak soon, Paul.

PS: if anyone has a Westfield in the Doncaster area and would like to pop around and offer advice, we don't mind, coffee and biscuits in exchange for valued opinions / suggestions isn't too hefty a price to pay..

:ww:  Good luck with the search, seems to be plenty of decent motors selling on here recently.

Welcome

I looked at all sorts of seven type cars

I liked the Caterhams and Westfields were almost half the price with a good speed series ;) so that was that

Some other kits I think use to many heavy suspension items from the original cars to stay light and agile

Good luck with your quest :)

Yorkshire area club night on tuesday at the Fox and Grapes, straight up the A1 for you :d  :d turn left onto the A64 towards Leeds about 2 miles on your left.

everyone usually parks in the car park to the rear.

Thanks for the replies people, waiting another 5 weeks will be agony.. But can't do anything about that sadly..

Hiya Paul,    For £10k. you should find almost exactly what you want.  I would start looking now if I were you, a hefty deposit would secure the car you want and you'll be ready to fill your nice new garage.

Hiya Paul,    For £10k. you should find almost exactly what you want.  I would start looking now if I were you, a hefty deposit would secure the car you want and you'll be ready to fill your nice new garage.

Being a Yorkshireman, I'd try a small deposit first  :laugh:

Hope you can make the meeting tomorrow - you'll be very  :ww:

Hi everyone, quick background on me joining here.. Have been looking at kit cars for past 6 months, looked at caterham, tiger, mk and Westfield, haven't purchased anything yet as I'm having a garage built which completes in 6 weeks time. Still undecided against manufacturer, leaning more towards Westfield, hence joining here, and also attending the Westfield drift day at donnington earlier today, with the other half (Bini), as she also will be using and driving.. So wanted her to physically sit in one and drive to see her expression.. Good news, she loved it.. So green light for when garage is finalised.

I'm Paul, I have driven loads of cars in the past 20 years, but never a kit car.. So before I get too old to climb in and out I thought I'd better crack on and buy one.

Budget wise, have planned to spend no more than 10k but can do more if its worth it, want zetec engine, full cage, aero and windscreen options, digital dash would be nice, its pretty much for track days and road if the weather is good. Basically another toy, as they tend to be..

So, that's me, I work from home as an IT consultant, so will frequent the forum regularly, reading up, asking questions, keeping an eye out for what's selling, and generally getting to know everyone.

Soon as I get on, if it does indeed turn out to be westfield, which is 80% certain, I'll gladly pay the annual membership. I'm a member of other forums with the 5 other cars between us, so don't mind contributing to the upkeep of a club.

Speak soon, Paul.

PS: if anyone has a Westfield in the Doncaster area and would like to pop around and offer advice, we don't mind, coffee and biscuits in exchange for valued opinions / suggestions isn't too hefty a price to pay..

Welcome Paul. I'm in Ranskill about 2 mins away if you fancy popping over sometime for a coffee

Phil

• Like 1

Welcome Paul. I'm in Ranskill about 2 mins away if you fancy popping over sometime for a vodka jelly

Phil

Fixed that for you Phil  ;)

:filfan:  :filfan:

• Like 1