Clan McWesty - 10th August - POSTPONED!

Rab (bombero) Reid

Hi chaps. We all set for a run this Sunday? Rab we could meet up at livi then meet Ali and mat at Linlithgow then up to aberfoyle and meet the rest if any?

John, I'd be coming across from Haddington so it'd have to be Lizzie Brice Services if anything...

Oil leak (and a few other problems) now fixed, so it's looking more likely I'll have the car back in time for the run. Assuming the other wee issues are finished of course. I'll post once I know for sure.

Matt

ps - If folks are meeting at Lizzie Brice and coming via Lithgy, I'll join you as you come past.

Proposed route for Sunday,

Meeting at Aberfoyle or Balloch. (Will go with the majority on that one.)

For Aberfoyle, the rear car park of the Scottish Wool Centre, or for Balloch, the Argyll car factor car park.

• Either meeting place for 10am
  • Heading north up the Dukes pass
  • Along the A84 to Lochearnhead
  • Crieff
  • Aberfeldy
  • Glen Lyon (theprisoners suggested route)
  • Killin

Can stop at either the cafe suggested or killin hotel or the falls of dochart Inn for lunch. I dont mind calling and booking any of them.

This is just a suggestion folk and if someone else had plans then feel free to ingore it.

Suggestion for discussion. If we have folks coming from east and west, how about joining up at Kilmahog then up to Killin? If the west coasters are coming via Aberfoyle it might make sense.

Anyone see a forecast (he says, tempting fate.....!)

Matt

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

An unsettled period with showers and outbreaks of rain, these occasionally heavy. There will however be some drier and brighter spells inbetween. Becoming windy, especially on Sunday.

Issued at: 0500 on Thu 07 Aug 2014

The good news is I'm getting my car back tomorrow. The bad news (apart from the bill) is that I can't make the run on Sunday.

Hope it goes well on Sunday and the weather is decent.

Matt

Hoping to make the run. The vibration/buzz/harshness I am getting is from the alternator at 2250 revs and clears when revs increased. Alternator bolts are tight.

I have continued my Tech Talk post re. problem and emailed Mark at the factory for advice.

Checking Sunday's forecast--don't want to be stranded in a rainstorm should alternator pack in.

Names so far:

bombero

Hornet600

Matta

dpeffers (tbc)

theprisoner

ziplob

kev91

I reluctantly have to agree with the concerns about the weather for tomorrow and with a few lads now confirming that they won't be able to make it, I think we should postpone the run. The next date for a run that I have in my diary is for the Lead Hills on the 31st August however, nothing was pencilled in for the 17th or 24th if these are preferable. I'll start another thread for this!

Noted that we have postponed the run.

Will we put it back a week?

Wimps....... Rain can only reach skin deep! Oh well off for a spin "metaphorically" speaking :)

• Like 2

lorna and i got out on Sunday , to say we got wet was an under statment. it has to be the worst wether i have ever had the westy out in . got passed by thr law enforcement agents in there Volvo i dont know if he was sayin hello or calling me a w**K*r . cant beleve you lot cancelled your run.