MyHermes bad service

tolf

I cannot believe the stupidity of delivery drivers!

Recently sent a screen and pillars to a fellow club member. Bubble wrapped to the extreme with large A4 label stating "Fragile Goods, handle with care".

Stupid delivery driver tries to deliver and as no-one in at the front door, he decides to drop the package over the side gate, which is 6 foot high.

Screen now broken. MyHermes say they don't cover glass, typical. But this should not excuse the idiot that dropped the package from 6 ft.

Utter fool

I hate to say this, but you get what you pay for with these companies, and Herpes are the worst of a mediocre band!

Still no excuse though!

Clearly a bunch of un-professional fools, i will NEVER use them again, or recommend them to anyone

Hey, I did the best I could with that stupid high gate.  What do expect for minimum wage?

Well

You had a bad experience :(

But I sell a bit on eBay and myhermes is my preferred carrier (if it's not too big or heavy)

They pick from my house (out in the sticks)

They track items

I've probably sent over 400 items with them so far and I've had 100% :) :) :)

They are not the quickest is the only negative I can come up with as a few items have taken almost a week

You must have just been unlucky with the driver normally it's Christmas time when things go wrong as carriers take on untrained staff (not much help to you though)

Hermes use 'lifestyle' couriers operating from home and using their own vehicles. I believe that they get a flat (fairly low) rate per parcel and so are not incentivised to try to re-deliver if no-one's at home or utilise a system of customer pick-up as an option

Therefore, they will try to get rid of each parcel first time. I've had quite valuable items 'door-stepped' by them in full view of anyone passing. Yes, they are cheap but that comes with a risk that the delivery person's main priority will be to unload the parcel at/near your home at the first time of asking without too much concern for the security or safety of the contents

I am sorry to hear of your problem but unfortunately, based on my experience with couriers, the only way to have shipped your item safely would have been inside a wooden crate to protect it from other items in the van also.  Bubble wrap is not adequate protection for a large sheet of glass.

I must confess that when I first read the title, I thought it said "Herpes" which made me do a double take...

Just to clarify the glass was not only wrapped in bubble wrap but also lots of thick corrugated card board sheets.

******s

This thread nearly set me off on a UPS rant.... The people who assume everyone is unemployed and stays at home all day.

Or maybe the royal mail, when they can't be bothered to put parcels on vans and choose to sneak up to your front door with a "sorry we missed you" card.

I HATE THEM ALL!!!!!!! :d

In years of shipping items my view is that they are all as bad / good as one another and it depends as much on the driver / depot manager as much as anything else.

My basic rule of thumb is to box / pack items assuming they would be safe for a gorilla to handle.  If not chances are it will get damaged.  I have items that are small enough to go with a courier but we had so much damage we will only ship them strapped to a pallet and pay 4x as much

David

Clearly a bunch of un-professional fools, i will NEVER use them again, or recommend them to anyone

I couldn't agree more, but I think as with all these things it depends on the individual driver that delivers in your area.

My wife did a pottery making/painting thing on a hen do once and had everybody's creations shipped to our house. A big box that fragile and pottery all over it was chucked over the 6' side gate as well. Luckily they were packaged really well and nothing was broken but what an idiot!

The pottery company were equally annoyed as they're shipped it through an local courier firm that had farmed it out to Hermes.

I'd never use them to send anything no matter how cheap they are

Always read the small print, hardly anybody covers glass... but ... if it's lobbed over a gate, the parcel didn't turn up, right?  ;)

Claim for a lost item rather than damaged glass which won't be covered. No signature = no delivery.

If you're going to do it on the cheap and post glass with the cheapest quote you find, ignore the small print, not pay the insurance and not pay the 85p for a signature, sorry, but you get what deserve really. You really think they take any notice of a 'Fragile' label? That label isn't worth the sticky paper it's written on I'm afraid, these value companies are all about high volume, low price shipments of peoples' ebay tat.

• Like 1