Not One But Two Contests...Coming Soon

Captain Colonial

Fellow Members,

You'll know there's currently a great photo contest going on at the moment, generously sponsored by our friends at Westfield Sports Cars Ltd. (if you haven't entered yet, get cracking - next one is up in less than a month!) with £50 parts vouchers for the winners (thanks to WSC again from me :t-up: ).

However, I am keenly aware there's two other groups of people associated with the club that deserve our thanks and also rewarding - your partners and your offspring.

Therefore, I'm pleased to give you advance notice there will be not one but two contests starting before the end of the month which will recognise the fact that they make sacrifices to support you and all the time, money and effort you lavish on your bit on the side car.

The first contest will be to get your child to produce artwork (not a photo) with whatever medium they like (pencil, crayon, paint, pen, etc.) of their parent / grandparent / guardian with their Westfield.  There will be three age groups: 5-8, 9-12, and 13-16, and there will be a prize for the winner in each group (and no, it won't be club merchandise, it'll be a proper prize just for them).  I'm especially looking forward to seeing how they see you and your car! :d

The second contest will be for your partner, and will be a luxury spa day just for them, so they can get away to relax, have a massage, get a facial and chill out away from you (and any rug rats you may own - but especially from you!) - and they certainly deserve that reward for what they put up with!  But I'm afraid it's going to be YOU, the member, that has to do the work this time.  You will have to write and tell us exactly how much your partner supports you with your Westfield, and because of that, why they deserve a bit of pampering.  If your partner doesn't win, you'll at least remember and realise how much they do for you - and if you're smart, you'll show them the letter before you send it and gain a few brownie points.

Both contests will be limited to regular WSCC Members, Speed Series Competitors and Area Organisers only - no Traders, Sponsors, or Committee Members.  The contests will run until approximately mid-November and the winners announced in the Winter issue of Westfield World.

Full details of the contest, rules, prizes and how to enter will be posted online and included in the next issue of Westfield World, so keep an eye out for them in due course.

I hope you will all embrace these contests, and we look forward to getting lots of entries and passing out prizes to deserving winners.

• Like 1