For Sale, sort of?

Yanto

I've had my Duratec engined Westy since early March, it has been perfectly reliable over the 2k miles I've done, it is fast, too fast for me actually.

I put R1Rs on it about 1k miles ago, I've sorted the suspension settings so that it actually absorbs bumps rather than bounces between crests, I've fitted a locking boot, it has full wet weather gear, contoured dash, full carpets.

To be honest it looks like a tourer, but it can hold it's own, and given a talented unafraid driver could probably be classed as fairly rapid.

Anyway, it is for sale and it's not!

I need to release some cash for something else I'd like to buy, but I don't want to be Westy-less, so I was wondering if anybody was thinking of changing to a newer (It was registered late 2007) car and would consider a trade plus cash (to me haha)?

Being brutally honest I need £4k, I'm not going to say what other peoples cars are worth, so if anybody is interested let me know, we can exchange car details etc.

I would add that it has chrome suspension, roll bar, lights and silver wheels, I'm more than happy to spend a day with somebody swapping these bits over if they are not to their taste and they want to keep black items.

Cheers

Ian

Ian - what are you doing! Can't remember what your car looks like off hand other than we bought within a week or two of each other. Didn't realize yours was a Duratec tho. I'm currently de-chroming mine and have lockable boot, full wet weather gear, have added some carbon goodies. Post some pictures to remind us all. 

Trade Plus Cash sounds like a good deal but I don't think you'll get a trade plus £4k from me (Sorry buddy)

Good luck (whats the something else?!?)

I've tried to add photo's, there are some in my gallery from just after I got it, but I can't attach them!

I'm not prepared to say what I am hoping to buy as you will all laugh!  Suffice to say it has a 5 month waiting list, is hand made from Carbon Fibre, and would be the only one in the UK, oh and it's powered - by my legs!

just remembered I've changed the cycle wings to closer fitting ones, they look better in my opinion :)

I was excited until the last bit. 

gallery_20299_255_63558.jpg

gallery_20299_255_20018.jpg

gallery_20299_255_25223.jpg

gallery_20299_255_17035.jpg

gallery_20299_255_30903.jpg

gallery_20299_255_27204.jpg

There ya go!

Ta!

Oh and a lot of that plastic tubing has been binned too, the builder must have had a massive stock pile, even the plastic tubing had plastic tubing on it!

I've come to my senses, keeping the car and being patient while I save my pennies!

• Like 2

Thank god for that Yanto !! Must have been the humidity causing temporary malaise :-)

Humidity? beer? dunno, but thankfully the phase has passed!

Interestingly i've had a few PM's from people thinking I was selling it for £4k ???  - I'm not that daft!

I've tried to add photo's, there are some in my gallery from just after I got it, but I can't attach them!

I'm not prepared to say what I am hoping to buy as you will all laugh!  Suffice to say it has a 5 month waiting list, is hand made from Carbon Fibre, and would be the only one in the UK, oh and it's powered - by my legs!

Ummmm intrigued now presume some kind of pushbike?

Cycling is another big passion of mine so interested if it is LOL

After seeing your car at Hathern last week I think you made the right decision in keeping it mate. Sell a kidney not a westie LOL

It wasn't one of those cycles you lay out almost flat on was it? (A recumbent?)

Well I have just bought a new recumbent bike, but I'm still missing what I sold to fund the Westy, so would like another one, but a newer kind.  They are called Velomobiles.  For some reason I can't now insert a hyperlink, so if anybody wants a laugh, and to be able to ridicule me then they can be armed with information from the web site that they will have to look up -  www.intercitybike.nl 

Thankfully I know the chaps who build it, and have cycled across Europe with them and raced against them at international races, I know their product is first class and much better than their web site.

I will now never be able to meet anybody who frequents this forum as I will be too embarrassed :blush: 

Gulp driving a westy in traffic can be dangerous enough when other road users don't "see" you !!! ...................mmmmm brave man 

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.