Audi A6 Replacement Ideas

Tim Reid

Hi All,

I have had my A6 2.7 TDI Estate, S Line for nearly 4 years (2005 car) and it's time for a change. It's a great car, perfect for me but I want a change.

If I buy another A6 it will be the same version (C6) as the new version are still over £28k second hand.

I thought a 2008-2011 A4 2.0 TDI Estate would be a nice change, smaller, cheaper to run, sharp styling but I drove one today and with my big feet I kept pressing the rest when using the clutch. If I moved my foot over it got too close for comfort to my braking foot. I'm really disapointed, the car was lovely if it wasn't for my flappy feet I would have continued to buy.

I feel too youge for a Merc or Jag (31). Not sure about BMW's as they don't appear to have the same level of interior styling as Audi do.

As suggestions?

Budget is £12-£14k.

Annual Mileage 8k.

2 younge children.

Tow Westfield 2-5 times a year.

I like toys and quality.

Manual gearbox.

Since you like VAG, why not look at Skoda Superb elegance?

530d touring with a performance tune - ideal combo….

Tune...James ?

Why try to change an already (as we know) near perfect family / sports / touring / utility / shopping..........

......etc etc. car :)

need to remove induction flaps just to be safe though!

Think that`s called labiaplasty ?

Comment of the day  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

• Like 1

Since you like VAG, why not look at Skoda Superb elegance?

+1   That's what I run - 2.0 TSi L&K.  Outstanding car.  VAG build quality (possibly even better than Audi - I run an A3 too) and so loaded with just about everything you could want.  Gives an A6 Avant a real challenge for a fraction of the money. 

If you like the A4 that much, why not DSG box?

Foot problem solved and flappy paddles to play with 

Thanks guys, I will have a look at skodas

Being sensible I would also suggest the Skoda Octavia, everything from mental fast VRs to sensible oil burners.

Looking slightly left of field for a minute...

What about a Saab 9-5 Estate?

Sure the fact Saab don't exist any more is not great.

But from an engineering perspective I would reckon its a good bet.

I work with some Parsnips, sorry Swedes on an engineering project and they are so fussy about details and getting stuff right that I would trust ANYTHING that they build.

And I've spent quite some time in a work colleagues and they are nice places to sit.

How about a (quite rare) SEAT Exeo ST - pure Audi A4, but bang up to date engines - the Tech has all the toys.

They stopped making them less than a year ago, and incredible VFM.

You should get a 1 year old 170ST with less than 10K miles for your budget (I did!)

HTH,

Dave.

Those BMW 5 series estates are becoming all the rage these days with Westfield owners.