The XFlow is a bit mighty isn't it..?

John K

It didn't take long for the XFlow to get under my skin, but it really has...

I know folk will be loyal to their engine of choice - and to be honest I thought I had V8s in my blood, but there is something about that grumbling little monster that really suits my old Westie.

I've got a seriously lazy sync on 2nd, but I'm not going to fix it, because I have an excuse to blip the throttle on the down change.

And then it sounds like a dustbin full of stun grenades bouncing down a concrete stairwell :d

When just getting it out of the shed is accompanied by a collection of coughs, farts, snorts, pops bangs and growls, what isn't there to like..!

• Like 1

All hail the mighty crossflow! My neighbour was very complimentary about the sound as he sat with his foot on the throttle at 5000rpm while I set the timing earlier! Can't wait to hear/see more at Blyton this weekend.

Have I made a newbie mistake with the XFlow thing?

Seems like most folk spell it out properly..?

Mind you no matter how you spell it, it still sounds great :)

Crossflow or x flow

The same mighty sound

Can't beat it .....

• Like 1

When just getting it out of the shed is accompanied by a collection of coughs, farts, snorts, pops bangs and growls, what isn't there to like..!

That's a curry and forty embassy regal the night before, plus a heavy old lump to push for ya!   :)

I miss the character and sound of my old Pinto too

Crossflow or x flow 
The same mighty sound 
Can't beat it ..... 

I like this - the Mighty word is spreading... soon allthome modern 16v engines will be consigned to the skip and everyone will have oily patches on their garage floors.... :-) 

• Like 2

"everyone will have oily patches on their garage floors...."

And the only forum discussions will be WHERE the drip is from....

Engine, box or diff and for the really posh folk, a shock

I sense the start of a gallery...

Post pictures of your oil splodges.

My shed floor is brand new, laid just for the Westie so it was virgin concrete waiting for the drips.

Got two already :)

And then we can do one of those Rorschach ink blot tests were we discover that deep down we all want Toyota Priuses and we are all in denial...

I have a electric car to use at work - my westfield is my last bastion of sin.....

I thought i'd sorted all my drips, but true to form, a new one has just appeared  -  it's all part of the mighty fun!

Haha - this is great, almost tempted to stick a crossflow in mine so i can join in withe the whole "mighty" shizzle - nice one chaps ;)

Get away with your reliable and dry "2.0 Zetec SDV"... :d

Those are drops of pure crossflow gold chaps, savour them as knowledge that oil is still pumping through the mighty heart!