deaf as a post

alexander72

its official - i have the hearing of an 80 year old…. being fitted for a nice pair of aids in 2 weeks….. 80% loss in right in and 45% in left ear……  nice cup of tea - birds in a tree…..  :p

its official - i have the hearing of an 80 year old…. being fitted for a nice pair of aids in 2 weeks….. 80% loss in right in and 45% in left ear……  nice cup of tea - birds in a tree…..  :p

Do you think it years of using power tools tree felling or, since the first run in the ear splitting might x flow?

Seriously good that you will be able to hear summat like again, will have to speak more proper England for yer or thal not understandwaramsaying seeing as we all speyk funny upear

• Like 1

Its most likely a tumour tricky - benign thank god 

If you got to have any sense go a bit dodgy then hearing is the least bad. I've got my annual hearing test next week, last year they said at danger level.

Whilst in garden a few weeks ago wife asked what had I done to my thigh? I answered why the heck would I want a pie!

Nowt down for getting old as we say up ere!

Oh dear.  But as a crossflow has the exhaust on the left, it must be down to natural causes/old age

sorry say that again

• Like 1

boom tish….. nice one steve D - it must be damaged by the sound of the diplofat rushing to the rescue of folks :-) 

My heartfelt commiserations, I've had to wear them since my early 40's, I'm 51 now, I'm classed as profoundly deaf, i.e. even with amplification I don't hear very well.

The only good thing about them is you can turn the nagging off when at home!

You'll have to get used to people looking at the aids rather than you when talking to you, then treating you as if your IQ is somewhat diminished, very diminished!

Keep wearing the ear plugs though, try and preserve what you have left.

ETA. I must say that when I was first diagnosed the treatment I got on the NHS was 1st class, I had a full brain scan (yes they found one, but it didn't take long) within 3 days, oh and they didn't find a tumour.

Edited by Yanto

DOES THAT MEAN WE ALL HAVE TO WRITE IN LOUD FONT NOW?

Every cloud ...

• Like 3

I had a great aunt who was quite religious.  Nevertheless her hand use to creep onto the amplifier and switch it off when it came round to the time for the sermon  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

heheheh cheers Yanto, AND DIBBY :-) 

its all good

bet you wish that exhaust was repacked earlier now  :d

If you got to have any sense go a bit dodgy then hearing is the least bad.

I wouldn’t disagree with that, but I can say that loss of smell & taste is more debilitating than you might imagine.  I lost mine about 20 years ago and discovered that they play a far greater role in day-to-day life than I’d ever have thought.  

R