Advice needed ........ Blyton

Mrs Panda

Evening,

From a Wives point of view....................  husband is away (Panda) driving at Blyton this week end and wondered if it was suitable for the family to camp with him over the weekend?  Got two children and myself.  ?? We have camped with him at Curburgh a couple of times and enjoyed it. advice needed. thanks

come camping and have some jelly - the more you join in the more you will understand the small shoe crew :-) 

the small show crew owing to the small shoes we have to wear to drive our highly practical and incredibly economic and inexpensive  cars :-) 

• Like 1

Plenty of camping space and room to play ball games etc

• Like 1

its a great weekend - come and have fun and bring the kids too  :d

• Like 1

If a big friendly man offers you some jelly, consume it in moderation.

• Like 1

It probably depends on the age of the children, their interest in cars etc.

IMHO Blyton is not the best spectator venue as you can't see much of the circuit.

There is a cracking ice cream shop in the village. Best keep kids away from the jelly

There was a few kids there last year, pm marcusb or shaggydoo, they will be able to advise how they coped.

• Like 1

As the Organiser I am happy for you to come along with them, but only if they are of an age where they will be responsible enough not to run around the cars in the paddock. When the sprint is on its a potentially dangerous place, pit bikes etc are NOT allowed for that reason. Competitors return from a 100 mph run sometimes struggle to realize what 10 mph in the paddock actually means.

In the evening there is no problem, and there is a great spirit, which you are most welcome to join in.

The only other thing I must point out is we had a problem last year with children going into a grass field close to the track on the other side of the track. It is out of bounds for two reason 1) the farmer is growing a crop, 2) there is direct access to the track and nothing but the crop to stop a car hitting anyone in there..

Motorsport can be very enjoyable, but is dangerous. So must be treated with respect. Anyone attending does so at their own risk.

As the Organiser I am happy for you to come along with them, but only if they are of an age where they will be responsible enough not to run around the cars in the paddock. When the sprint is on its a potentially dangerous place, pit bikes etc are NOT allowed for that reason. Competitors return from a 100 mph run sometimes struggle to realize what 10 mph in the paddock actually means.

In the evening there is no problem, and there is a great spirit, which you are most welcome to join in.

The only other thing I must point out is we had a problem last year with children going into a grass field close to the track on the other side of the track. It is out of bounds for two reason 1) the farmer is growing a crop, 2) there is direct access to the track and nothing but the crop to stop a car hitting anyone in there..

Motorsport can be very enjoyable, but is dangerous. So must be treated with respect. Anyone attending does so at their own risk.

Understood... not a problem

cheers

john

IMHO Blyton is not the best spectator venue as you can't see much of the circuit.

You must be kidding?

From the paddock embankment you get to see a lot more than you do at:

Pembrey, Snetterton, Croft,Aintree,Llandow, Loton Park,  and about the same as Ty Croes, and Harewood. 

Even if I'm wrong (& I usually am) the atmosphere alone is worth the weekend camping, and the kids will have stories to tell all their mates about how jelly is sooooo cool :filfan: 

Junior Pandas welcome, they are well behaved.