Amazing what's tucked away.

Graham0127

Just been out for a ride locally.....about 2 miles up the road I visited a WW1 airfield, the last remaining one......fantastic little place.

Anyway.....on the site is a small unit in which 3 seven type cars were being built.

One duratec ,one a V6 and the other a V8. Astonishing cars, the two v engines are their own design/castings. The v6 has been built to produce up to 600 hp.....didn't dare ask about the V8.

The quality of the builds was by far the best I have ever seen and if you like a carbon fix then this is the place !

The business is run by Russ Savory......RSPerformance.

Think this could be the place for future club meets...will speek to my AO...bet he knows it !

Can't believe it's only walking distance from my house....I'll be there Sunday......set breakfast in the mess looks too good to miss........worth the drive out for all members..REALLY!

• Like 2

Guys...you must check out his web site....

Can see myself spending a lot of time there...........he loves a bike too....all great guys.

..oooooooooo petrol heaven..... And right under my nose...

Yep, the originator of the mental anniversary(?) Caterham Levantes, which were/are, IIRC done originally as V8's and then V6"s - weren't they one of the "two halves of a bike engine stuck together jobs?"

His RST V8 engine is something really quite special. If I won the lottery .... 

Yep, there are You Tube clips of Russ's monster Caterham in action on airfields - possibly that one? Awesome piece of kit. Absolutely mental...

car_photo_287973_7.jpg

We've got a few interesting places like them in the region Graham. there's also MDV on Bradwell airfield and Piper Cars who are local to yourself :)