Nothing without passion

Graham0127

No wonder our footballers can't progress in international football.

Just watched F1 and tennis......probably the best matched players in the world, contesting the ultimate prize.....

What made it special.........??.?

PASSION....simple.

Love or hate Hamilton, you could see the pride and passion in his win...

Wimbeldon......Djokovic and Federer.......passion and desire..

The things that make sport great.......our footballers just need to embrace these emotions and who knows what they could achieve...?

Congratulations to both winners.

Thanks for the fantastic entertainment fellas.

• Like 2

Add to this that our footballers can't seem to play as a team in the proper manner of the word! Our individuals sportsmen and women seem to excel a lot better than our 'teams'...

Best F1 race I have seen in a long while, let's hope Hamilton does the same trick at Hockenheim!!!

• Like 2

Add to that the sheer stubbornness of the tour cyclists this afternoon.

the last 30 kms today are very local to me and to think they'd already done 170kms tackling "Jenkin Road" last, I would have got off and pushed, it is one seriously steep hill overlooking Meadowhall and they still raced each other up it.

Yep Graham, totally agree with the all the above, its a wonder the battery in the remote isn't worn out after constant channel hopping! 

• Like 1

Agree completely Lewis yesterday was so crest fallen and today the real passion for the sport showed through. Equally seen in the other racers too.

What I like especially about motor sport is the crowds I have never seen or witnesses any trouble on TV or races I have been to. Be it 2 or 4 wheels You can support one racer stood next to someone who is a fan of another. Yet we all enjoy the sport and applaud whoever wins. Perhaps this is something else our football fans and clubs could take on board.

Well done Lewis well driven and about time you had a bit of luck. Really enjoying this season.

Shame Rosberg had trouble with his gearbox. With Hamilton catching him up every lap, I would've  liked to have seen a bit of a battle between the two of them in the second half of the race.

Alonso v Vetel was the best racing seen for a good while , thought Alonso was brilliant , in spite of the radio b***hing  :t-up:

• Like 1

Racing is definitely getting closer.....so good to see Williams back in the frame.

Don't forget to wave the flag for Button.....he was catching Daniel Riccardo at a right rate of knots.....Certainly the best I've seen him go this season.

Can't wait for the next race !

Still can't get over the men's singles though.

im sure rooneys mum told him all about passion and that he should have some while she was brushing his hair before that pathetic press conference during their world cup kick about.

is there a catch up for the F1 on the beeb?

Bet Hamilton's p'd off that his title as biggest crybaby over the radio is in jeopardy of being awarded to Vettel or Teflonso.

Great race though, shame Benson couldn't get a spot on the podium. Well done to Bottas and Hamilton, cracking drives!

is there a catch up for the F1 on the beeb?

There usually is a catch up on iPlayer ;)

There usually is a catch up on iPlayer ;)

Yeah it's on there.  Had to switch over to it last night as my V+ gave up recording after 3.5hrs because of all of the delays at the start.  Raikkonen sure made a mess of that barrier...