Formula E

CrisisWolf

We're using electric motors for much the same as steam was used for - industrial applications, mainly for moving and lifting water in its various forms. 

We'll all wonder what the fuss was about in 50 years time (those of us who are left), some are quick to embrace new technology and will drive it forwards. Some are more stuck in their ways and resistant to change - same goes for renewable power, sorting our recycling ... the world will be a very different place when I'm an old man

I for one am someone who's stuck in his ways.

Motorsport for me is all about beautiful sights and beautiful sounds. There is nothing beautiful about the sound of an electric racer.

For me, electric cars NEVER will be race cars.  

I don't mind either to be honest. It's not like there's a minimum noise level to make an event worthy of the motorsport title. Even engineless racing like the Red Bull soapbox race is a hilarious day out, it's not 'motor'sport as such but it's a hoot. 

I like watching the old Minis racing at local tracks buzzing about quietly like a swarm of bees. I also enjoy watching drag racing where it sounds like the world is coming to an end. I enjoy watching bike racing, both motor and pedal, on and off road. Red Bull air race, soapbox racing, banger racing, kite surfing, mountain biking, hell, as long as there's danger and close action racing I'm in.