Shelsley Walsh 5th July

stephenh

In some ways, it was good today, in that there was a good turnout of WSSC guys, and some respectable performances. However, lots of "offs" (mainly by others) in  practice meant that the morning proceeded at snails pace, so much so that several of our number didn't get a second practice run! And you only ever get 2 competition runs there. So some of them got no more than about 100 secs track time and I shudder to think how much the entry fee was. Not good value.

Me? Well I changed from 2nd to 5th. on what should have been my fastest run. Not happy, my fastest run was my second practice run, so it din't count. 

I think it might be my last visit to compete at Shelsley. :(  :(  :(

Stephen - also a frustrating day for me unable to get the car started.  Well done to Pete And Stu for winning their classes and especially for Stu just beating Barney's previous target time on his last run and he was one of the people that missed out on a second practice.

I do share some of your comments.  I felt that the start of practice runs was too late.  Prescott start at 8:30 if need be.  The first runs seemed to be around 9:30.  They did cut lunch break to 30 minutes to start at 2pm.

Given the early conditions I also thought it was quite poor how 5 or so of the Westfields had no area in the sheds even though there were spaces lower down the paddock.

I hope Tim gets his bodywork sorted amicably after the Alvis crashed into it in the paddock.

David

• Like 1

Well I've spent the day working on the car.  Turns out that the starter clutch was slipping. So even though it sounded like the car was was turning over on the starter - actually it was not rotating at all - hence no spark.  Take all the plugs out and turn it over and fine without any compression - The crank sensor then shows 400rpm on the laptop.

Anyone got a report for my Blog?

email to terry.everall@virgin.net

After the rain all Friday night and Sat Am I believe we were very fortunate to get a dry track in the afternoon.

I agree the morning was very slow as some entrants did not treat the wet hill with the respect it deserved!

I guess they allocate the Paddock Nos on a first come first basis and it is disappointng that we got some uncovered ones.

I also guess the higher numbered empty ones meant they did not have a full entry. It was not a problem to move to a covered one (as David proved all day without intervention) as long as the Paddock Marshall knew where you were when needed to be called.

I would like to reflect on some of the high spots of the day like the PB's of some of the newer members of the SS clan, Well done to David Reed and Craig Spooner, you are both starting to worry me!

Good to see Mark Schlanker back at Shelsley again after his off last year and able to Exercise his Deamons with a very good time!

After Wiscombe this was Caribean weather!

See you all at Blyton for another great sunny w/e

Best wishes

G Free

• Like 1