Blyton - run out and show 'n shine - Saturday 12 July

Rory's Dad

Please could you show me your interest in a run out starting and finishing at Blyton on Saturday 12 July.  Setting off time to be 10:00am and returning by about 12:00.  A spectacular route will be prepared by Filfan who knows this neck of the woods from his days as a biker.  At 12:30 I'll judge your pride and joys (Westfields only) for their proximity to perfection.  Some allowance (wriggle room!) will be made for those whose Westys are not 100% clean following the run out!!  The prize will be a year's subscription to a magazine of your choice and a write up and photographs in the next issue of Westfield World.  There'e then some time for lunch before the Speed Series guys get out for some serious competition on the track.  All in all a concentrated day of Westfielding!!

Any new people doing the run and/or show 'n shine will be made especially welcome!

• Like 1

I beleive there is!

Not me though I'm sprinting.

I'd like to go out for a run, as long as it isn't too fast a blat, as my car is slow, and I'm not a racing driver, not sure car would be worthy of entry into a "show" but hey, nothing ventured :d.

I don't go quickly when we go out for a run.  The key principle is to keep the guy behind in sight that way no one gets left behind.  I also always say that "I keep to the speed limits and will enjoy the fresh air and countryside".  

It will be great to have you along.   :ww: (Oooh - nice new smiley to use)

I don't go quickly when we go out for a run.  The key principle is to keep the guy behind in sight that way no one gets left behind.  I also always say that "I keep to the speed limits and will enjoy the fresh air and countryside".  

Last time I was out with Martin there were I think 14 of us and we only lost one, he did manage to find us a few hours later though.

Can't make this one,I'll be in Scarborourgh watching Status Quo.

Last time I was out with Martin there were I think 14 of us and we only lost one, he did manage to find us a few hours later though.

Can't make this one,I'll be in Scarborourgh watching Status Quo.

Unfortunately some of this was shaggydoo's presumption as he expected us to go in a different direction. Pass around phone numbers on day incase anyone gets split, saved us on Yorkie 8.

Are you coming out with us Tricky?  I promise to drive slowly (I'll have a map/itinerary in my hand) and Shaggy is sprinting.

Can't Martin, doing start line Saturday. Can drink beer with you later though if yer staying?

Going home Saturday evening  :(

Got a cracking looking route from Filfan for our run out - 66 miles all told.

Thanks Phil  :)  :)

...and the weather on Saturday at Blyton is looking OK (maybe some rain at 4:00pm according to the BBC)

New members especially  :ww: !!

If it's not too late Glen and I can come along. See you at Blyton 10am.

Glad you made it Julie and Glen!  

Well, Filfan provided us with a great route for our run out on Saturday morning.  The sun was shining brightly and we could tell that the day would be warm and dry.  We set off shortly after ten and headed north to sunny Scunny which looked better than its reputation might suggest and then on towards the Humber Estuary.  We could see the Humber Bridge and across to Hull.  Just before we got to Barton upon Humber we turned right and travelled alongside the River Ancholme back south towards Brigg.  The villages were very picturesque with red brick Georgian farmhouses and attractive cottages.  I guess it hasn’t changed here much in the last fifty years.  We then got onto the A46 towards Market Raisen and turned right onto the ‘Top Road’ (which indeed it was) and headed east back towards Gainsborough.  A right turn took us up to Blyton and we were back at the circuit at around 12:30.  Many thanks to Phil for sorting out the route and to Marcus Barlow and Julie for coming along.  We had a brilliant time and were surprised that a few more hadn't joined us.