Tour de France / Yorkshire Westfields' territory

Rory's Dad

See here

Thanks to the TdF for getting so many of the roads we use resurfaced.  How the cyclists get up the Buttertubs Pass is beyond me.  I doubt if I could walk it.

Got free tickets for the start on The Headrow tomorrow, my wife won them on Radio Leeds. We'll be in the front row of grandstand with Kate and Wills and the Beckhams,

Or somewhere near the back.

Just seen the finish - a great occasion and thousands of people  :laugh:

(400 yds from where we live)

Cavendish crashed  :( despite support from my local

Yorkshire looked wonderful on the TV

Did they hand out Yorkshire Puddings for refreshments?

How the cyclists get up the Buttertubs Pass is beyond me.  I doubt if I could walk it.

You need a 22 speed gear box , simples  :)

See here

Thanks to the TdF for getting so many of the roads we use resurfaced.  

Might not be saying that come winter, Martin, spoke to a guy at Harewood yesterday who said North Yorkshire County Council had used all this and next years budget on the resurfacing, so the pot is empty for repairs/upgrades for the next two years at least.

Was appalled at several things I heard this week end regarding the lycra warriors,

1) my mates elderly mother in law requires visits from her carers 4 times daily they could not get there on saturday due to roads been closed, when relatives first heard about this they complained and were told "to make other arrangments" !!!!!

2) a neighbour employs 250 people who could not get to work on saturday, he also complained and was told to put them up in an hotel when he said ok are the organisers paying was told NO you will have to pay.

3) one of the Look North reporters said it was a very special day in Skipton when the market is closed, wonder if the market traders who lost a days earnings thought it was as special.

It seems we were getting the TdF wether the local people wanted it on not regardless of cost or inconvenience.

Thank God they have gone back to France where they belong and PLEASE dont come back.

:yes: Spot on Martin.  It was hardly like they showed up without warning.  The routes and arrangements have been known for ages and were well publicised, giving loads of time for those affected to make provisions.  From the reports, I'd say at least 1,000,000 people approved of it.  Yorkshire looked wonderful and did themselves proud.

I was on The Headrow opposite the war memorial about 20 foot from the start, there was a fantastic atmosphere and it all seemed to go without any problems. The sun came out before the start and the TV coverage showed Yorkshire in the best possible way.

The Welcome to Yorkshire and Le tour de France teams did an excellent job.