Bridgwater College Motorsport Dept

Barry Ashcroft

Had my car setup and corner weighted tonight by the above college, the work is all done by the students but overseen by there lecturer Josh Smith who races a radical and last year won the Castle Coombe GT championship. He's also built 3 westfields with his dad so knows his stuff,

If anybody local needs anything done give me a shout and I'll put you in touch.

And the best bit £60 which goes in the tyre fund for the radical

65d6e753bfc1dc9734c08b0113849a45_zpsa2a1

Car came in at 518kg full of fuel

and when the navigator gets on board they must wiegh at least  518Kg each  :)  :)  :)

looks very nice Barry - I didn't think FBB's car could be improved upon but you have certainly done a cracking job  :yes:

I have used them in the past for a mini, and I have to say they were great. Very keen and due to some issues with the ride height they couldn't get the work finished that evening so kept the car overnight and completed it in the morning. (even offered me a lift home!!!)

looks very nice Barry - I didn't think FBB's car could be improved upon but you have certainly done a cracking job  :yes:

Cheers mate, I'm now worried about tracking it as it's too nice :-(

• Like 1

Barry, if you are worried about tracking it I can do the first season in it for you - I have driven the mighty cross flow this year so I am well prepared.... :-) 

• Like 1

alexander72, on 03 Jul 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:snapback.png

looks very nice Barry - I didn't think FBB's car could be improved upon but you have certainly done a cracking job :yes:

Cheers mate, I'm now worried about tracking it as it's too nice :-(

Barry's done a cracking job, taken it to new level.  Cars need a change of owner from time to time to bring in new ideas.  You have your own vision when you set off on a project and do that as well as you can, but that in itself blinkers the imagination from seeing where it could be taken. 

Have you driven it on the road in its finished state yet Barry?

Yes mate drove home last night on the back roads it's quite scary, you think it's quick up to about 6k rpm but then you push it up to 10k and oh my god it's an instant licence loser.

Handles like a go cart can't wait to get the slicks on and get it on a nice flat track.

looking good Barry.

Cant help thinking the college still has a little way to go though, surely the car has to go on the scales?

Ive tried the wooden blocks and cant get the weights anything like equal :d 

• Like 1

Just came back from a little hoon and didn't stall it so I'm getting better.

• 4 weeks later...

So who's Busa has been down there today?