Wesrfield again !

RoboS

Whats up with Westfield again ?

I want to place an order for several hundred pounds,  but they dont answer the phone and ignore messages and faxes.

I know they have been at Goodwood but ignoring calls for 1 week ??   I dont run my business like that or i  would not have one.

Wonder what comments will follow?

Rob

I want to order a std Westfield exhaust (which their website says is in stock !!!) but they won't answer the phone - another £300 order lost to Westfield.

Wonder what comments will follow?

Can I be the first to snark at you spelling "Westfield" wrong in the thread title? :p  ;)  :laugh:

I'm trying to get to see Julian at the factory next week, and the parts issue is going to be one of things we will discuss.  It's not my place to tell them how to run the factory of course, but I will cover the member comments made in here and encourage them to explain more fully to the members how the system works and what issues they have from their side, and hope they will take any positive suggestions we make on board.

My experience is the same. I got a PM off the factory on here, because I put up a WANTED: Duractec conversion parts. Great, some proactiveness from the factory offering to do me a deal on engine mounts, exhaust etc etc So at the end of May, I was interested and to this date I've heard nothing since. So I can't order from them as if they are this slow / not responding when they don't have my money, what are they going to be like when they do have it?

Very very concerning, especially if I need to buy something following an off and bendage!

other than the obvious gripe about in stock or not in stock items...- what bothers me as well is that westfield charge a premium for their goods. Now up until now I wasnt too bothered about paying the premium, as I wanted to support my factory, and I felt that I got a good service. The thing tho now is that we can source most of westfields items much cheaper elsewhere, and we would receive these items mostly within just a day or two so no faffing about, no delays, and no lack of support-

so where is the incentive to support our factory? 

Their website is poor at the moment as I found out and everything has to show in stock so don't believe what is says! If they don't show 'instock' then the parts disappear from the website altogether so they told me.

I've always been impressed with them replying to e-mails, Russ has been great, but I have sent a couple recently and had no reply at all. Cant always get through on the phone so will have to look elsewhere for parts.

Trying to be positive here.

Called parts at 17:10 on Thursday evening left a message for Hannah to call me.

She called back 08:00 Friday morning. Not bad service!!

scott wuver , while your there tell them to answer my calls to I would like to place a order for about £1900  but cant get them to respond

• Like 1

Scott….ask if my RAC roll bar is ready yet…lost count how many months it's been now…did get an e-mail from Russ, but nothing since..

• Like 1

Same experience here. Sell up and by Caterhams boys!

You won't find that much difference I'm afraid. Though their parts site does show much of the gear on back order with no due date.

And yes, if affects their new builds too, as seen in the long running Blatchat thread about the guy who had to wait nearly six months for an R500 fuel pump. (They're a modified pump and couldn't be sourced anywhere, even by Caterham).

dave aren't there pumps modified rs focus pumps , as in you just unclip a plastic pipe and that's it job done

Not the R500 ones in question.

Just a thought but a year ago I was after a gear extension £98 plus vat nothing arrived so bought from rally design £48 arrived next day

Why don't Westfield buy from anywhere once they have the order and drop ship direct to customer

Win win