just heard from a solictor friend of mine...

John Williams (Panda) - Joint Manchester AO

They are working on the behalf of a client that bought a gold bar off ebay, for £20k and surprise, surprise it didn't turn up!

next time i'll sell them some tartan paint....

unbelievable, but totally true.

• Like 1

It was also probably advertised "on behalf of a friend" or it was "advertised elsewhere" or the seller had "bought it by mistake"............

Nothing about eBay surprises me, nor the scams that people must fall for day in day out

A fool and his money are easily parted.

To get on in this world doesn't (in the UK anyway) require any real intelligence or common sense, just a bl**** big mouth, extrovert and stupid. If we were more like Germany or Japan, these idiots wouldn't have this sort of money to throw away in the first place.

ha ha, gold bar for 20K on ebay... :laugh:  next thing you'll be saying is they had a plan to buy it and take it down to cash converters.

ebay is full of fake stuff this one should have been obvious.

Couple of years ago, bloke I used to work with bought a caravan off ebay for £7k then agreed to pay the seller a slightly lower price offline.  Lost the lot of course.  Intelligent bloke who didn't seem to be at all gullible as well - guess some people just don't stop to consider they may be being scammed.

More often than not, these scams succeed by appealing to the greed in someones nature.

Fits in with what Lyonspride says - agree wholeheartedly with that.

Such a simple rule to follow. If it looks too good to be true......