Ebay fake message FYI

Rory's Dad

Just had a message from Ebay saying someone has started a dispute with me, except I hadn't sold the item in question.  Spotted in the small print that the email had be sent to 'me' but it was not my name or email address.  Have changed my ebay password now. ;)

The wife had one like that a week ago

It wants you to click on a link to log in

That's how they get your details

They are trying all sorts now!!!!!

Yesterday I missed a call

My voice mail had a message

When I checked it it said

"Press 5 now" that sounded just like the voice on my default voice mail !!!!!!

If I had done that my phone would have called back a number at god knows what call rate

The best thing to do if unsure, delete the email without opening any attachments or clicking any links. Then go to the website in question via your normal route and check all is ok.

• Like 1

ebay lost all their passwords or summat recently didnt they? i was made to change mine when i logged in to buy something the other week. (no it wasnt a scam that prompted it)