Carbon Back Panel

Stan 76

After a Carbon Back Panel for a Wide Body.  Carbon Mods have stopped making them - if you have one surplus to requirements please let me have details or if you know anyone who still produces them, please let me have their details.

Thanks

Chris

I know Julian @ Aerodynamix are in the process or make their only mold at the moment. I'm not sure how far he is off from completing it tho.

The more orders he gets, the quicker he'll finish it 

Hi Tom

Ok, have emailed Julian on this.

Thanks for the heads up.

Regards

Chris

is it not possible to buy a large sheet of carbon and trim to fit?

especially if youve got the alu one to work off? Im sure aerodynamix do sheet carbon but if not, easy composites do wet lay carbon sheets, either 1.3mm or 2.6mm... Im pretty sure the back panels are made to a thickness of 1.3mm ???

http://www.easycomposites.co.uk/Products/Wet-Lay-Carbon-Fibre-Sheet.aspx

The sheet isn't flat, both to and bottom of the sheet have a slight angle on then to fit flush with the chassis rail.

You can sort of see the angle in the photo below 

DSCF2387.jpg

Tom is quite right I am in the process of making a mould for the rear panel , I will announce when parts will be available , I have a volume of orders I am working through at the moment before I take orders on this item although I already have two that will be done first (You know who you are ;)

The panel will probably be supplied oversize for you to trim , the idea is to be able to supply a panel that will fit all cars and also keep costs down as much as possible to save you money and so that everyone can have one , if we supply one with holes or cribe marks for holes it will then be no good for live axle cars etc etc . 

We also have several other projects underway at the moment and again when they are ready we will announce them , we also have others that are not yet underway , exciting times are ahead .........................

Here's a couple of photo's I took earlier today whilst work was underway as a taster for you . 

Bulkheadpanel016_zps98c2e1ae.jpg

Oversize buck before moulding off it (sorry for poor photo , didn't realise it was this bad)

Bulkheadpanel017_zps0832bbed.jpg

Rear Bulkhead mould made , almost there ...............

• Like 1

The panel will probably be supplied oversize for you to trim , 

The CarbonMods one was the same mate 

Cheers Tom , I know the Fluke one is oversize (£220.39+19%German VAT+Post) but wasn't aware that the old Carbon Mods ones were oversize too . 

The Fluke one is pre preg so is a lot dearer , the Carbon Mods one was wetlay unless they changed specification . 

It is a large panel to make and I'll confirm pricing when we announce we are ready to take orders , we will try and keep costs down as much as possible but you have to consider that the amount of material used in this will be probably 3x that of a double bubble aeroscreen   ....... but won't be 3x the cost of that though !

Oooh i'll definitely be after a new rear panel as mine has speaker holes. I have a new one but it has pre-drilled holes to probably useless as they almost certainly wont line up with mine.

• Like 1

Damn it more expense for me this winter :p  

Important Information

Please review our Terms of Use, Guidelines and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.