Aintree and Three Sisters, a few thanks...

tkm_dave

Unfortunately at the end of a damp day at Aintree I managed to snap a driveshaft on the line at the start of my final run, leaving me with a bit of work to do, but friends came to the rescue in my evening of need!

So in a particular (chronological) order I'd like to say a massive thanks to...

Luke Algar from Plays Kool, firstly for the help pushing my car back from the start line, then secondly for helping with the quick diagnosis.

Derek Hodder for being organised enough to have some spare driveshafts with him and generous enough to lend me one.

John Hoyle for helping with the driveshaft removal and dismantling

Steve D from Middlewich Auto Bodies for letting me come round at short notice and reduce his stock of Westfield spare parts by one CV joint.

AdamR for helping me fit the new driveshaft/CV joint and giving me a more comfortable roof over my head than the back of my van.

If I have forgotten anyone in my half an hour or so of stress and frustration please don't take it personally! :)

I know it has been said before but the friendly atmosphere in the Westfield section of the paddock in particular and the fact that all competitors are so willing to help one another when the need comes about really does add a lot to the events. Competitive fun is great, though without friendly and supportive people to compete against and have a laugh with it wouldn't be half as appealing to go sprinting again and again!

Thanks again to everyone who helped to get me running again for the next event.

• Like 2

Spot on Dave its the help and spare parts around the Westfield guys that makes the day and even non WSCC members borrow our bits and are very complimentary about our help to all competitors

No worries at all, that's what it's all about as Terry says :)