New guy from germany, just saying hello!

Liwijatan

Hey guys, as the topic speaks, I just wanted to say hello and introduce my self. I recently bought a Westfield and came across this nice board, while searching for information on the Internet.

I guess some of you know my car already from this board. The car is a wide body equipped with an S2000 engine. Really sweet! I love it. Before the Westi I was addicted to motorcycles an owned 3 Triumphs (Speedy and Tiger 1050 also a Daytona 955 for track use). I love that english stuff.

So I hope I am welcome in your ranks! Sorry for my english, as I'm not a native speaker as you see.

Also considering to become a full member. In germany we don't have a community like that, sadly the cars are really rare over here, guess that's the main reason...

See you guys around!

Welcome.

In the process of building an S2000 powered westfield myself, I hope your enjoying yours.. :yes:

Welcome Seb, don't worry about your English its better than our German. I think we have a couple of German members (one Timmy with an S2000 engined car).

We like nothing better than pictures of Westfields, so pop one up so we can have a look at your pride and joy and get involved.

Pete

hello there :t-up:

Welcome Seb, don't worry about your English its better than our German. I think we have a couple of German members (one Timmy with an S2000 engined car).

Pete

one timmy with an ex-s2000 westy  ;-) welcome new member :laugh:

Sebastians a top bloke so I was sure hed be better looked after in the wscc  :t-up:  

Welcome Sebastian, glad to see you're enjoying Tim's old car! Be great to hear more of your travels with the car!

Yes, Tim did own a S2000 Westi in the past but not anymore ;-)

I guess he will change that kinda fast, from what I did read (poke).

So yes, I'm the new owner of Tims car. Enjoying driving it very much! But I don't have to tell, that I got much ideas for tinker winter.

Thanks for the welcome guys! I really start to enjoy that board even more. It's full of good information and the ppl seems to be nice.

I will try to put some pictures online.

Edit:

gallery_9388_4078_136461.jpg

gallery_9388_4078_74304.jpg

gallery_9388_4078_169929.jpg

gallery_9388_4078_83080.jpg

gallery_9388_4078_172766.jpg

gallery_9388_4078_76156.jpg

gallery_9388_4078_156150.jpg

gallery_9388_4078_81953.jpg

gallery_9388_4078_126639.jpg

Edited by Liwijatan
  • Like 1

Hi and welcome aboard

I've been seeing a bit of Westfield race action on YouTube and Facebook in Germany in think, so you might be surprised now you have one

Enjoy you car and spread the word :)

Welcome, lovely car.

I guess it's harder getting a westfield registered in Germany due to lots of checks and very stringent regs etc...?. Or is it not too bad?

Nice to hear from you friend .  Your'e English is fine. A lot better than some of us guys on here. :)  :)

What part of Germany are you from  ?

Thanks for the welcome again. :)

I'm from Hessen and living in a city near Frankfurt. The registration of seven type car seems to be a pain in the ass. Tim did that already, so that work was already done. In that case it won't have been possible for me to register the S2000 because of emission regulations in Germany.

Because of that, the cars are rare and expensive over here. It's not easy to find a nice car, especially with power.

What I really like about this type of cars is the tinker part, can do so much things! The driving is awesome, rough and direct just raw.

I won't go on track this season. But that's planed for next year, looking for a tourist training on the Nordschleife also a training on Hockenheimring. I'm new to track driving. But first I need some more experience on road with my Westi. It's so different from driving a normal car.

Also my size (in almost every way) is kinda handicap. Shoe size is 14 so you guys can imagine how tight em fit on the pedals. A main problem was my leg length, so I need to create a long spacer for the snap off that it was possible for me to use the steering wheel. It was locked between my legs... Also there is a belly that needs to fit in that small seats. That were my first obstacles between me and a seven. Maybe a Hkt, VM or Caterham SV would have worked. Tim already attached shelltype seats and mounted them to the floor, also the flat dash and small steering wheel helped me to fit in.

It's not easy to find a nice car, especially with power

I think there's another Seb in Germany that's also looking for some more power (and reliability) ................ :d

Welcome to the world of Westfields (do you have a word for "upgradeitus" as it sounds like you're already hooked ) :)

Welcome Sebastian , you may be surprised how many cars are over there , seems like a few to me as I quite often send parts to Germany , perhaps not as many as Sweden or Australia but quite a few all the same !

Enjoy the car it looks very sorted :)