Football night.....

alexander72

Think you'll have a long wait Scott. Completely agree with all you say.

The way the game is run and planned must be soul destroying for so many youngsters. The diving and rolling about is all part of the game now and won't change......however, IMHO it is cheating and certainly doesn't set a good example to impressionable kids.

Even my nine year old runs about diving and throwing himself on the ground. Pity he doesn't make as much effort trying to score !

Never been a fan of football, however many people are and whether we like it or not the success of a national team does give a country a lift.

What makes me feel sad where has the pride and the heart gone? It makes little difference to the players if they win or not as they are rewarded so highly it no longer matters to them enough.

Years ago when England cricket team were playing badly, Geoff Boycott was castigated for saying that they should all be spending extra time in the nets to get better, not out clubbing . It is same with the football team, to win they need to work harder. Listening to others they were suggesting that the man who scored the winning goals was to blame for their failure, so one man beat 11 others.

Scott I agree with every word you said there

A lad I coached when he was young and with who's Father I played rugby with won the Rugby world cup U20's today - Danny Hobbs-Awoyemi - Top bloke :-) check them out on face tube 

Makes me laugh when they roll out Chris Waddle and he says we don't learn from mistakes.

He should know I suppose - a complete disaster in an England shirt

• Like 1

Selling stuff is what they are so well paid to do.[/quot

No good moaning about how much they are paid, or how rarely they win.

As Matt says 'selling stuff........

These guys are professional athletes, win or loose. They are paid to put bums on seats and shirts on shoulders. It's business ,pure and simple.

Do any of you honestly begrudge these guys what they earn......what if it was your son ????

Stop putting our athletes down.....yes athletes !

If they come home, then so be it...... Do you think they're happy?

Im with you on this Graham

Rob

Thanks Rob.

All people seem to do is have a downer on this country.... This is England and it does have a few problems, but it's still our country.....

.......just.

If you are that unhappy ,the world is a big place !

Have you ever known a country where so many people moan, have so much to say and do so little about it ?

Me neither.

Come on England........at least we qualified !!!!! :)

Rant over.