Boot box - roll bar slot cover

andrewmais

Hard to explain this one - but has anyone seen any covers that cover the slots/cut outs made in the boot box when fitting an MSA or RAC Roll bar please?

I'm sure I've seen something similar.

Ta

Yes, I think the bits you mean are from AA Composites, one of the club traders.

Ordered the lockable boot box lid from AA Composites, to solve a few issues,

Having some sort of cover over what you might put in the boot box - was originally thning a tonneau

No need to cut slots into the boot box to accomodate new MSA roll bar

Ability to lock the boot box without buying the Westfield one that looks a bit bulky and heavy

Eveyone happy with theirs from AA?

Heard nothing but good reports about the AA Composites gear. I've got a pair of the rear stay covers for the new build.

incidentally, the factory lid had the extra height and more complex opening because it's designed to work with a roof. The folded steel roof frame that sits on top of the rear tub when it's down actually sits under the lid! A great solution if you have a roof, but more complicated than necessary if you don't!

How's the roll bar install coming along Andy?

Hi Barny

Was away last weekend, so no time as yet.

Hoping that AA Composites deliver the boot box lid this week in time for Saturday (Wifes out all day) so should get some time then to install the roll bar and the boot box and lid.  Andy at AA emailled last night to say that hes nearly finished so should be with me in time, fingers crossed.

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi Barny

Was away last weekend, so no time as yet.

Hoping that AA Composites deliver the boot box lid this week in time for Saturday (Wifes out all day) so should get some time then to install the roll bar and the boot box and lid.  Andy at AA emailled last night to say that hes nearly finished so should be with me in time, fingers crossed.

Looking forward to getting stuck in.

Cheers

Andy,

Take a few photos when you get round to fitting it as I've one to fit as well…not sure how to tackle it... ???

A saturday without the missus and a Westfield to tinker with, does it get any better?? :laugh:

Working at Goodwood I'm afraid, otherwise I'd have been happy to help! :t-up: