Blyton run out and 'show 'n shine'

Rory's Dad

Paul Aspden has suggested that we try and organise a run out from Blyton on the morning of Saturday 12 July and maybe a 'show 'n shine'.

I (and a few other locals) will be doing the track day on Friday 11 July and I will be camping over.  We could meet up at Blyton on Saturday morning at say 10:00 and go for a run out returning at around 1200.  We could then do our show 'n shine (prize a year's subscription to a motoring mag) have lunch and then watch the Speed Series boys do their stuff in the afternoon.

This is obviously dependent on decent weather but otherwise I think this is a goer.  But I have no idea about a route for the run out and would appreciate some suggestions from someone who knows the area better than me.

My suggested route.....

1.  Dump the clutch and accelerate as quickly as possible when the light goes green.

2.  Last minute braking into Jochen, lock all the wheels due to cold tyres, somehow manage to get round the bend.

3.  Ride the kerb at The Ump.

4.  Accelerate hard through Lancaster, drifting out on exit to use all the track.

5.  Blurred vision down the straight, braking far too early into The Wiggler.

6.  Accelerate hard out of The Wiggler riding the kerb and cutting the corner of the field.

7.  Say a prayer, drop to 3rd and touch the brakes (for comfort) into Bishops.

8.  More acceleration and double apex Bunga Bunga

9.  Flat through Port Froid and Port Vite, keeping it smooth, trying to straighten as much as possible.

10. Keep the foot down as long as possible before braking into Ushers, see the finish and put foot to floor and correct over steer.

11. Check the timing display, shake a fist and shout, then smile at the crowd.

12. Drive sedately back to the paddock.

Repeat the above route several times and then have a beer (or two).

• Like 2

My suggested route.....

1. Dump the clutch and accelerate as quickly as possible when the light goes green.

2. Last minute braking into Jochen, lock all the wheels due to cold tyres, somehow manage to get round the bend.

3. Ride the kerb at The Ump.

4. Accelerate hard through Lancaster, drifting out on exit to use all the track.

5. Blurred vision down the straight, braking far too early into The Wiggler.

6. Accelerate hard out of The Wiggler riding the kerb and cutting the corner of the field.

7. Say a prayer, drop to 3rd and touch the brakes (for comfort) into Bishops.

8. More acceleration and double apex Bunga Bunga

9. Flat through Port Froid and Port Vite, keeping it smooth, trying to straighten as much as possible.

10. Keep the foot down as long as possible before braking into Ushers, see the finish and put foot to floor and correct over steer.

11. Check the timing display, shake a fist and shout, then smile at the crowd.

12. Drive sedately back to the paddock.

Repeat the above route several times and then have a beer (or two).

Standard Yorkshire run out then eh Martin, (if you're on the back of back anyway) lol.

Look you know how it is Tricky "I will keep to the speed limits and will enjoy the fresh air and countryside"  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

• Like 2

Great to hear you are organsing this. If anyone wants to help out over the weekend then please contact me, still loads to do.

and will enjoy the fresh air and countryside"  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

............and rain, hail, snow and floods""

on a typical Yorkshire run  :laugh:

• Like 1

............and rain, hail, snow and floods""

on a typical Yorkshire run  :laugh:

Air still fresh despite the weather  :laugh:  :laugh:

If everyone goes on Martins Blat there will be no one to help Nick organize the Sprint.

If everyone goes on Martins Blat there will be no one to help Nick organize the Sprint.

The idea is to try and get more people to Blyton and to encourage them to see the Speed Series and get involved next year.

Brill idea.

How's about a morning and pm blat slot on both days with marshalling/helping out during the times not blatting

I don't honesty think that this would be an issue Bernie, the people that usually help out will more than likely help again, I certainly know my son and I will. But I like the idea of getting new faces there because some may think it's hard to get their foot in the door towards helping/marshaling and it really isn't, you can't get closer to the action and we have always been welcomed with open arms, whether it be at Blyton for Wscc or Harewood hill climb for the British championship.

Anyone who has never been to Blyton is really missing out and the last 2 years there have been brilliant, great motorsport and even better evening, (the famous vodka jelly excluded Philip). Never had a headache like last year's, lol.

I didn't want to put a dampener on Martins idea, it's very good idea to get more of us involved, just hope Nick has enough little helpers for the w/e.  I'm not a show & shine type of guy, did used to have some classic cars and spent tooooo long cleaning and polishing the things before a show.   Rather be driving now.

Nick is needing more people on Sunday (although the more the merrier at any time).  Email on it's way to Yorkshire members (as requested).