Another MOT Passed :)

Captain Colonial

Had The Wench MOT'd yesterday afternoon, which she passed with no problems - happy days. :t-up:

Nice to have a sympathetic local mechanic at these times.  I'd replaced the perished wiper blades beforehand with new leftover excess refill material he had from another job and gave me for free.  As I stay in the car during the test and operate all the controls, they only need one mechanic doing the MOT so it gets done quicker and the other mechanics can crack on with other cars, so he takes the time, looks at non-MOT stuff  and does a few bits for me for free - this time, it was tightening the seat bolts I didn't know were a bit loose.  Just as a laugh, even though it's on a Q plate, he ran an emissions test, which it passed with flying colours, much to both our amazement!

Anyway, even though I've a few jobs to do (as usual - this time the carbs, a bonnet latch anchor, and a side repeater which took a rock strike on the way home!), I took a couple of photos afterwards, the first ones with the 13" Minilights I bought.  I know I'm biased, but I think they really suit the car - they look right on a narrow and with swept wings to my eye. (Click to make bigger)

2014-06-16%2017.28.19.jpg

2014-06-16%2017.28.34.jpg

Not bad for a 1992! :cool::love:

• Like 3

A cracking, and obviously well maintained car, Scott! :t-up:

• Like 1

That silencer bobbin looks a bit stressed ?

That silencer bobbin looks a bit stressed ?

Optical illusion, just the angle it's at, but will check it again, good spot.

Really good looking car Scott. Has it ever been dirty or wet....looks new..better than new !

Ta :)  Yes, it's been dirty and wet, but rarely, usually when a forecast was hideous wrong.  I have the full weather gear as well, but it's only been used once in anger and is still in perfect shape.

Those new wheels really set it off Scott, looking fab!