Ford Part No for Diff Oil?

Rab (bombero) Reid

Does any kind soul know what code on here is the part number as I need to order some:

C74F31B0-47FD-4695-9E6B-1DD878B0A08C_zps

I use Hypoid SAE 90 for my sierra LSD

The Ford part number is 1121457 from the bottle.

R

• Like 1

As I'm needing this by Thursday, and in case my local Ford dealer can't get it in time, does anyone have suggestions for alternatives?

Halfords stock it. 75/90 GL5 I believe.

Main Dealer should also keep it in stock.

Rich

Halfords stock it. 75/90 GL5 I believe.

Main Dealer should also keep it in stock.

Rich

Thanks Rich, however isn't the Ford own oil a straight SAE 90 and not a multigrade? Does it make a difference?

Andrew Page or any motor parts place should stock it

Thanks, Terry! :t-up:

I think it's always nice to share information and our Club is arguably one of the best out there for this! If anyone is like me and is a little impatient and also likes to source as much locally as possible, the following may help..

The diff oil from Ford is available but can be a b******* to get hold off (currently on back shipment, which could be a week .. long time for a service item!), so I've sourced an alternative with some help from another Club member works for Ford. The oil is Valvoline 80w90 GL5 although I appreciate there are others out there. @Rich, the one you quoted is just as good - I just went for the 80w90 due to the closer viscosity to a mono 90. As stated elsewhere, the most important element is the GL5 indicating that it is the extreme pressure type. 

I hope this helps others! Maybe we should open a sticky with Alternative Part Nos & Products, so others can reference when searching for .. well, alternatives! :d

Glad your sorted. My diff has run Halfords oil previously without issue, strange really as I work for Ford!

• Like 1

Strange .. I was double checking that I had my facts right after my earlier post, and I noticed that Valvoline do two different 80w90 GL5 oils; one for LSD, one for non-LSD. Now I ask, does this actually matter in reference to my Sierra 3.62 LSD?

AFAIK, the LSD in the Sierra diff is a sealed unit and therefore unaffected by a non-LSD type oil...

AFAIK, the LSD in the Sierra diff is a sealed unit and therefore unaffected by a non-LSD type oil...

Bump, can anyone confirm if my thinking is correct .. wouldn't like to think that I should be using an LSD specific oil when I've got a 500+ mile road trip this weekend! :oops:

AFAIK ordinary Hypoid EP 90 or similar is fine

The LSD viscous unit has its own oil in a sealed unit

So you will be ok with why you bought

If you do a search for LSD OIL ( see top of page at right hand side there is more info) 

Perfect, thanks again, Terry. I did a search 'Diff oil' and got bombarded with some lengthy comments and variations on interpretation, but your search suggestion came up trumps! :t-up: