Just how bad is it without a heater

BudSlater

Planning on putting the old gal on a diet and losing the washer bottle, coolant hoses, heater, wipers and windscreen. There's gotta be 20kg in that lot

So how bad is it without a heater? I don't plan on using it in winter, just half decent days.

I guess I'm asking, if anyone's done it and regretted it and put it back?

Never any problems for me without a heater, even when it's almost at freezing point, but I am a bit of a polar bear and my road drives tend to be 'enthusiastic' rather than a long range cruise.

• Like 1

I've never had a problem, even in the middle of winter. A good down jacket and ski gloves keep me warm enough :)

No heater in my Zero and never had an issue and I have driven it all year round. You will still get some heat from the engine and you just wrap up warm.

Never had a heater, though do have a windscreen. Just wrap up warm and drive!

• Like 1

Half hood and doors hat gloves that's all u need

Bought heater 2 yrs ago has sat on garage floor since

You only feel the warm heated air when you are stationary and that's just on yer knees.  When driving the warm is just sucked straight out of the car, no benefit at all.

Driven my previous Westfield (with heater) in winter and to be honest, with or without heater, it aint doing much.  Most helpful was a windproof ski-jacket and some skiing pants over my jeans.  I found that the legs get cold quite quickly, so the skiing pants were really good.

In other words, ditch the weight! ;)

Ditch em, only my opinion of course... When i had my windscreen on, wind just hit me in the side of the head anyway. Found it much better with an aerosrceen...

I had a year with a screen and heater

Now I'm trying a year without

It's been on the road since February dry days only and so far so good it's staying light

I did find with the heater doors and roof on it got too hot in the winter or steamed up the screen

Warmer than a motorbike without the heater ;)

Are you ok for mot with windscreen but no heater. I know they check it in the via but not sure about demist in mot. Not that it is of any use the glove is better

• Like 1

Are you ok for mot with windscreen but no heater. I know they check it in the via but not sure about demist in mot. Not that it is of any use the glove is better

It isn't part of the MOT test...

Never used the heater when it was installed, took it out to save weight and something else to leak and go wrong and I don't miss the heater I never used.