de Havilland 2014. Sunday 20th July

Andy Banks

Great idea

• Andy
  • Pete (might get to use our new flutter flag  :cool:  :cool: )
  • Tony
  • Neil W & Mark
  • Blessed

I've had a look around and to be honest there is nothing suitable in immediate area for brekkie, therfore propose we meet at the same place as before at 08:30 10:00.

Details:

Route to museum:

I've already spoken to Ralph at de Havilland and await firm confirmation of the date. I'll need numbers for breakfast and the tour A.S.A.P please. RSVP HERE: http://forum.wscc.co...-and-tour-2014/

10:00 at the Whistling Duck as they don't open until then  :oops:

I'm a possible as my daughter has rowing finals that weekend and I'm not sure what we're doing.  (Or what I'll be driving!)

UPDATE 4th July: Breakfast at 10:00 at the Whistling Duck - booked. Museum visit and Tour from 11:30 - booked.

RSVP HERE: http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/calendar/event/404-de-havilland-museum-visit-and-tour-2014/

Itinerary:

• Meet at the Whistling Duck for Breakfast at 10:00 LATEST
  • Use the RSVP as above NOW as I need to tell them how many for breakfast

• Make our way to the museum around 11:30

Websites:

Route to museum from Breakfast:

Notes:

• I'll stick the North London Whip flag up by the entrance to the museum

• Those skipping breakfast should go straight to the museum for 12:00

• We will park up as before, so down the coach road to the museum and around the planes - the whip flag should tell you where

• Please let me know if you are NOT driving a Westfield so I can ensure ALL cars get in

• As soon as you arrive at the museum, have a wander and head towards the conference room

• Please bring cash to pay for the tour (suggest a tenner per person)

• Sadly Ralph won't be there instead our guide will be Gerry

If you get lost!:

• Head for the M25 J22, London Colney. There is a McDonalds and further in, Sainsbury's and M&S

• Route from there is Here

Not many RSVP so far...  ??? ?

I do need to let the Duck know how many for breakfast.

Only SIX RSVPs  :suspect:

Wots goin on? I thought we were onto a repeat of last year. I really need numbers for Sunday and for the Museum and I need loads more than six please  :down:

Andy....if it can't happen come over here and we'll see if we can have a good Essex blat.

Shocked at the low response after last year.

Andy....if it can't happen come over here and we'll see if we can have a good Essex blat.

Shocked at the low response after last year.

I'll give some thought to an alternative as it would be embarrassing after bigging this up to only pitch up with 3 or 4 (allowing for unavoidable drop outs). Kinda feels like a family day out rather than a great run and meet.

Just as a reminder - this was last year: http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic/99247-run-to-the-de-havilland-mosquito-museum-april-7th-2013/?p=1041883