Women - Dont you just love 'em!

KugaWestie

A recent text message conversation with my wife (I am at work):-

Wife - The TV remote in the bedroom is not working

Me - Change the batteries

Wife - I have tried that already

Me - Don't know then, I will have a look tonight

30 minute pause

Wife - It accidentally got caught up in the bedding that I washed yesterday, but worked when it first came out of the washing machine

Don't ya love em  :laugh:  :rolleyes:  :bangshead:

So the conversation should have gone...

Her indoors: Hi Hotstuff - Oops, found the remote control in the washing machine, will you have a look tonight when you get back darling

Him Indoors: Ok sweet cheeks, never mind - stick it in the airing cupboard and let's hope for the best

:laugh:

Her indoors: Hi Hotstuff - Oops, found the remote control in the washing machine, will you have a look tonight when you get back darling

Him Indoors: Ok sweet cheeks, never mind - stick it in the airing cupboard and let's hope for the best

With the batties out....

Sadly, I would fire up ebay and shell out £25 for a new one before even looking at it!

Daniel

:laugh:

Thats how it should have been Clarke  :d

She must have been disappointed when it didnt work this morning, she thought she had avoided having to fess up!!!

Batteries are out and it is in the airing cupboard

2 hopes, and Bob is one of them  :laugh:

Thats how it should have been Clarke  :d

She must have been disappointed when it didnt work this morning, she thought she had avoided having to fess up!!!

Batteries are out and it is in the airing cupboard

2 hopes, and Bob is one of them  :laugh:

:d  you never know your luck

" I " put one of my electric garage door remotes through the wash a few months ago.  Batteries out, brushed the PCBs with isopropyl alcohol then put it in a sandwich bag with a few handfuls of dry rice grains and stuck it in the airing cupboard for a couple of hours. 

Works perfectly.  (much to my relief)

I would have washed it thoroughly with distilled water and then dried it in the airing cupboard. IPA is better but I haven't got any!

i would have said it cant be repaired and get a bigger tv :yes:

The problem is usually corrosion, water has such a high resistance that it can't cause shorts at low voltages.

Tis why we put distilled water in car batteries, it's practically an insulator at that level of purity, it's also an excellent solvent.

I think I too would have poured distilled water or Isopropyl Alchol over and into it :)

I would have washed it thoroughly with distilled water and then dried it in the airing cupboard. IPA is better but I haven't got any!

International Pale Ale ?

who would have thought  :oops:  :suspect:  :rolleyes:

I was not there to do anything about it today, and 24 hours after the event before I found out means it is probably goosed!

On the plus side, atleast you have nice clean bedding :)

Should have her to put in the tumble drier after the wash, or at least hang it on the line.