Flared side panels. Options?

TableLeg

I would like to use a pair of flared side panels to get better access to the engine.

However......due to the highly contagious condition known as upgraditis I want to avoid carbon flared side panels. I don't have or plan to have any carbon/carbon effect components on my build. If I did I would HAVE to replace anything Black with carbon or carbon effect.

Has anybody used the Grp flared side panels SteveD supplies? If so you have any photos?

I previously had Grp flared side panels to match my bodywork on my Dax Rush. The upper and lower fixing flanges were shaped such that aligning them with the chassis rail as you would with the normal side panel gave the flare with the front of the panel closer to the chassis than the rear. Plus the rear edge was extended rearwards a small amount so when you cut the original side panel vertically and then offered up the flared one the join was inside the flare so once filled with some mesh you couldn't see it.

Is it because I said I didn't want Carbon :cry: .................

I believe Aerodynamix have some in the pipeline

I believe Aerodynamix have some in the pipeline

Thanks Dommo,

I'll send them an Email/Message.

:yes:

I'm with you here, Marto303 has convinced me this would be a good upgrade but as I am also steering clear of the carbon-itis I would want them in body colour. I'd be interested to find out more of SteveD's creations too.

I'm with you here, Marto303 has convinced me this would be a good upgrade but as I am also steering clear of the carbon-itis I would want them in body colour. I'd be interested to find out more of SteveD's creations too.

I'll post back here if I learn anything more.

:)

I will be making some but unfortunately haven't quite got there yet , I have been getting as many orders done and out the way before getting this done , I'll post up when I have some news . 

Cheers Julian

I will be making some but unfortunately haven't quite got there yet , I have been getting as many orders done and out the way before getting this done , I'll post up when I have some news . 

Cheers Julian

Thanks Julian,

I too considered body coloured grp flared panels. I spoke with SteveD some months ago re his panels but finally went with carbon. Re SteveD, have you seen his post under Stuff and Nonsense ('calling it a day'), where he is intimating packing up!

Re other options I suggested elsewhere, why not cut your body vertically just forward of the footwells, remove all top and bottom fasteners apart from the front most one and 'swing' out the newly cut panel. The 'open' end can be secured with a couple of flat brackets. Only issue would be the lack of 'overlap' at the open end...

Thanks for the reply Bombero,

I don't believe the original side panels could be utilised in a way that would look any good. Nothing beats a fully formed panel that drops straight on. I stand to be corrected though.

I did see the post by SteveD yes. He does appear to be having some issues.

ive got some tin ones if you want them PM me...

ive got some tin ones if you want them PM me...

Thanks Alex for the offer but I'll pass as I really want GRP ones.

No worries Wuv  :d   They are off John Loudons sprint car so they will add at least 50 bhp to any chassis…. I would put the on the cross flow but im worried about slowing the earths rotational force when I start at Prescott on Saturday morning  :p

• Like 1