Getting excited, pick up the kit on Saturday!

Kingster

Not long now and I'll be a proper official Westfield owner, well owner of the important bits anyway!

Long drive from just north of the Tyne so if any locals need anything from darn sarf let me know.

All I need now is a compressor for all those rivets...

• Like 1

Good luck.

Remember plenty of drill bits, and enjoy it :-)

ps air riveter is a great investment

Mark

www.justanotherwestfieldbuilddiary.weebly.com

You luck sod getting to build exactly the car YOU want

The dreaming stops and the fun begins ;)

Good luck.

Remember plenty of drill bits, and enjoy it :-)

ps air riveter is a great investment

Bought a riveter off the bay and going to see an ABAC 3hp belt drive compressor this evening :-)

Any pointers on bulk drill-bit supplier?

You luck sod getting to build exactly the car YOU want

The dreaming stops and the fun begins ;)

Yes, I know it's cheaper to just buy one and then mod it, but this way I can drip feed the funds and make it my own - although I reckon this one might not be exactly what I want (as I don't have an endless supply of cash), it will be "mine".

One thing is for sure, my original budget from a year ago (when I first started looking at the idea) has doubled - and I keep on saying "hmmm, well, for another £xxx I could get (insert desirable item here) instead of (insert will-do-the-job item here)"

I diagnose another sad case of "premature upgraditis" - good luck with the kit and enjoy.

Got my drills as resharpened from Ebay no problems at all. Enjoy the build.

Bob :d

Well, picked up a tidy compressor this evening - and even used my other new toy to get it out of car and into place single handed!

abac-1.jpg

abac-2.jpg

Fits in the designated space perfectly!

The pop riveter should arrive tomorrow with luck - so all set.

Happy bunny :)

I spy a build thread in the making :d

Haha yes indeed, will start one very soon!

Check the picklist there are always shortages, most have been thoroughly listed on here at times.

Bob :d

Well, already missing the bodywork. But that's fine by me as I am happy to wait for it as it saves me having to have it slung from the garage rafters. And WF will ship it to me later as it is their issue not mine.

Will go through it though. Do you get a list to check against?

When I picked up my kit In 2012 I got detailed A4 pick lists for each of the cars main systems, about 15-20 altogether, that were ticked off (or not) as they were bagged/boxed up by the parts department. There was then a consolidated list of shortages with forecast dates for future delivery that turned out to be optimistic in many cases although still allowed me to complete the build and IVA in 5 months.