Isle of Man TT

Graham0127

Just been sorting out next summers trip to the Island. Ferry with van, two passengers and two bikes

£600... Price looked high, as usual. But, price competitors pay is immeasurable.

Two deaths in the last two days........my thoughts are with their families.

• Like 1

Just learned of Karl Harris and have to say I'm gutted, met him a couple of times and it's such sad news, only thing is he died doing what he loved. After all this bad news involving motorsport this week think we could all do with a bit of good news!

It is sad that over two hundred people have lost their lives since the TT began, but sad as that is, how great it is that there is still a place in the world where people are allowed a choice. Anywhere else in the world, excepting Ireland, these sort of activities are being sanatized to such a degree as to by the H&S and insurance charges. 

All the riders accept that death may happen, but they are allowed that choice and sad though all the loss of life is, I hope the event goes on for many more years for that very reason. 

Watching the Film "close to the edge" about the TT, there was a young widow with two small kids, their father had been killed at the TT the year before. She was sad at her loss but she had no regrets at the life they had embraced, her kids were being encouraged to take risks not be wrapped up in cotton wool, they lived life not just travelled through and that is what she was wanting for her kids.

• Like 1