Westfields at Bancroft Mill, Sunday 8th June, with Julian Turner, Westfield Sports Cars.

Dave Eastwood (Gadgetman) - Club Chairman

Westfields at t'Mill! Bancroft Mill to be precise.

A chance to meet and chat with Julian Turner, Westfields MD, and take a tour of this historic Mill, featuring the last remaining steam mill engine in the area.

Bancroft is a working museum. The magnificent mill engine, with its two cylinders and 16 foot flywheel can generate over 600 Indicated Horsepower and originally drove some 1,250 weaving looms via its main shaft more than 260 feet in length.

Rough schedule:

Sunday June the 8th

11.30 question time with Julian
12.00 meet and have a tour around the mill
13.00 engine runs
13.30 photo
14.00 onwards– people can leave but there will be further tours and also questions about the mill (it is a fascinating place with lots of history)
14.30 Question time with Julian and depart!

Please let us know if you can come, be nice to get some pictures of Westfields at the Mill!

Bancroft Mill

Gillans Lane

Barnoldswick

BB18 5QR

Has there been a last minute change we have not been informed of ??..thought this was SUNDAY 8th JUNE

Steve

Good spot!

Sunday 8th June

Was looking forward to this joint meet with Westfield Sportscars, but myself (and I know a few others from the area) are at British Touring Cars @ Oulton Park.

Bump for Friday

Bump; Sunday's weather forecast looking good!

Lancashire Area been fully informed,, a bit disappointing with response but  should have 7/8 cars in attendance it seems to have clashed with other events..we will be having a run through Trough before heading to Bancroft Mill  :yes:  :yes:  :yes:

Steve

Excellent news Steve.

I will post up meeting arrangements for Trough run tomorrow if anybody fancies tagging along

Steve 

What is the itinery? Gonna try and make it. Where are people meeting up?

Lancashire Area meeting up at the car park just before the Roe Buck pub on the A6 at Bilsborrow at 9.00am prompt then heading towards Longridge and meeting at the Corporation Arms car Park at 9.20 this is at the junction of the B6243 and B6245..we will then be having a short blat and heading to Bancroft Mill cafeteria for 10.45 am  :d  :d

Steve

I'll look out my half hood  :oops:

...which I didn't need!  Lovely warm sunshine all day.  Good discussions with Julian.  Why did we meet at Bancroft??  Because Julian's Grandma and other family members once worked at the Mill.  Good day all round  :)

• Like 1

A cracking day, didn't realise how intense the sun was that far north, I'm doing a real lobster impression now!

The mill's a fascinating place, I could have wandered round for much longer.

Thanks to Julian for a good meeting and some frank answers, along with some positive answers.

• Like 1