Bravo Tesco

Graham0127

Well heard it all now..

Tesco in Slough are offering free. 'pop in' AIDS test. ,

Can't get them to let me off the odd penny on my petrol.

What should they offer next ?

Free MOTs for WSCC members ?

'Popping in' is what caused the trouble in the first place!

• Like 2

A mate of mine got hold of a load of "I slow down for horses" signs and paid the local store a visit in the dead of darkness...... all the delivery vans were suitably labelled..... O how we laughed over a couple frothy ones.....  

• Like 2

I'm not sure we should be poking fun at a serious issue like this.  Anything to raise the profile of a serious illness is surely a good thing right?  A good corporate sense of responsibility is good to see.

.. I would add that it's great to see this made so convenient.  Having been concerned about this recently I couldn't really be bothered to get a test but now that I can get the once over when I pick up my daily 6 pack of beers :t-up:

YP, I'm sure no offence is meant (certainly not by me), nor any denigration of the seriousness of the infection. Any slightly risqué subject is bound to attract a ribald response. It's defensive humour - listen to doctors!

Sorry mate, I was being a bit tongue in cheek - I'm on beer no 4 :suspect:

I would also like to say that I wish not to denigrate the seriousness of this infection.

Why go to tesco when you can have the full check up at your local nhs clap clinic all for free . You get a lovely sense of well being once the burning subsides ;-) ;-) ;-)

All I am saying is eye and umbrella ... makes you think where you sling your sassage after going through all that . Oh to be young again

Sorry mate, I was being a bit tongue in cheek - I'm on beer no 4 :suspect:

I would also like to say that I wish not to denigrate the seriousness of this infection.

:t-up:

Why go to tesco when you can have the full check up at your local nhs clap clinic all for free

Aye, and Imagine if someone saw you walking out of Tesco

HIV test have always been easy, just pop into your GP and they will arrange it for you.  As for contracting it if you think you've been exposed you have up to 48hr to get treatment. go to A&E of a decent hospital and they will asses you and if you need it they will put you on PEP. its not nice but it works

Aye, and Imagine if someone saw you walking out of Tesco

the shame of it, I only shop at sainsbury :-)

One point that should be taken seriously is that the nhs will screen for all nastys not just hiv and will give you the correct advice regardless . Not sure tesco will but if any one is to embarrassed to go to the nhs at least getting a hiv test is a starting point.