Westfield Shop opening times

Nemesis

Ok so the best weekend weather for ages and my indicator controller takes a dump...... anyone know if the Westfield Factory Shop is open on a Saturday Morning?

Cheers.

Nem..............

They normally only open for a couple of Saturdays in a month and the dates are shown on the front page of their website.

http://westfield-sportscars.co.uk/

Unfortunately it looks like you're out of luck for tomorrow.

When you controller, do you mean the flasher unit? If so i picked up one the day at Motormania, any good motor factors should have one.

Failing that what are your hand signals like? ;)

You know what Pete I looked at their website to death....... and didn't see the times..... I'll have to take a plug at the local factors and see what they have...... 

and yeah the controller unit has got some sort of gremlin in it.... I have right indicators but no left...... I've chased the wiring down and can't find a short anywhere so reckon it's got to be the timer part of it..... or some such..... 

You keeping well??

Yep, Russ and co will be at Donnington in the morning, (well all day really) doing another drift day. Where I shall be trying hard to set more van tyres free by converting them to smoke  :d Sorry.  ;) 

Are you on about this

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/instruments-electrics-washwipe?product_id=370

If yes they don't have any stock I ordered one on the 1st April and it's not arrived yet.

Forgot you had those fancy indicator switches, still worth trying a local factors they must be from a production car of some sort.

All good here, just getting ready to head off and watch the speed series guys at Snetterton.

• Like 1

Are you on about this

http://parts-shop.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/instruments-electrics-washwipe?product_id=370

If yes they don't have any stock I ordered one on the 1st April and it's not arrived yet.

Yep that's the part..... how spooky that the website shows "in stock" that could re-ignite the recent flaming they've been given on here.

Thanks anyway.

At that price I'm going to make it my next mission to design my own......

Well well well..... what a surprise, rang the factory shop today to purchase an indicator unit and a fuel sender unit, both listed as in stock on the website, but actually out of stock, 4 to 6 weeks lead for the Indicator, and a whopping no idea for the sender..... when I asked why they were listed as in stock I was told a story of "we can't list them if we put them as out of stock".... I pointed out that that wouldn't be a good line to tell the Trading Standards peeps should they care to ask....... and then I asked if they could notify me when the stock became available...... the answer was along the lines of "err no not really"..... and "the people who have paid for the stuff will get theirs first"...... The poor lad on the phone didn't really deserve the serving I gave him but it was along the lines of "that's blackmail then is it?" If I could find one of the indicator units elsewhere I'd be more than happy to pay stupid money for it, as for the sender unit got one off the items for sale list on here.

What can I say other than how gutted and pi**ed off I am with Westfeild, it's sad to the point of pathetic that they just don't seem to keep any of the more vital lines in stock.

Rant over time for a blat in the evening sun...... Right turns only tho...... for the foreseeable future....

Nem........ 

I looked at all the ways to prevent the annoying ( some quite expensive) problems of forgetting to cancel the indicators, I eventually bought a motorcycle warning buzzer for £3. I have since put some tape around it to reduce the noise as in traffic other motorist often though there was a lorry reversing, A cheap and easy to fit practical solution. 

Might be worth checking all your indicator bulbs are working as a failed one my mess things up also.

Hi Barry, I hope you're not in too much of a rush for this part, I just spoke with parts and the purchasing guy said that they are at least 3 weeks away..... I bet you were quoted 2 to 3 weeks back in April...... but then again it was April 1st...... just saying....

Nem...........

Are you on about this

• 2 weeks later...

Got my indicator unit today, worth a trip to fetch them...... priced some wheels and tyres whilst I was there..... just got to get the sump sorted and it's mad track days unlimited!!

When I had this unit fitted (gone over to billets now), I went straight to Durite for the switch ;-)